Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Official U.S. Peavey Cirrus Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, Oct 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Hey guys,I want to put a part two to the U.S. Peavey Club,not meant as a sequel or replacement,but a little more specific for all of us Cirrus owners.Please let me know what you think of this.I have noticed for a long time here on Talk Bass,there not only being brand name clubs for the bass clubs,but also ones that are more specific.Thanks Joe

2. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS

Hey joevcool, that sounds great ! I agree with you. I LOVE my Peavey Cirrus. It is bubinga on walnut. It kicks ass !!
    I like your idea. It's like having a Ford owners club, or a Mustang owners club, or in my case, a Lexus GS400 club !! Kick ass !!!
    What about a Trace Elliot club ?
    Peavey Cirrus is awesome !!!!!!!!

3. Register_To_Disable

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I would be down to join a peavey Cirrus Club. I have had my Cirrus about a week, and it is simply the nicest bass I have owned since I traded in my old bolt-on Ken Smith Six like an idiot back in 1998.

My Cirrus is ruby red with a flamed maple top and alder body. It is a four string, and plays like an absolute dream. This bass also reminds me of an Alembic I owned back in the early 1990's with its long, thin neck and light body. I love the midrange heavy tone, but I am also pleasantly surprised at how much low end thump I can get out of this bass when I turn down the treble and pump up the bass. I can get a convincing old school Stax or James Brown style bass tone in addition to that bright, compressed slap tone that I love about the Cirrus.

I hope to have pics up on Monday. I always loved the Cirrus, and now that I actually own one, I am even more happy than I thought I would be!:bassist::D:hyper:

5. Count me in. Tiger eye six with ebony FB. Never played a bass I liked more. :bassist:

Are we assigning #s yet?

6. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    awesome! I've got the Tiger Eye 6 with birds eye board.... AMAZING bass, I am now a Peavey Believer :smug:

and ya, we've got numbers goin' , PM JoeV

7. FPS

FPS

Dec 17, 2006
    Ohio
    Not hard to tell I like them.

Attached Files:

8. Yes, I'm down for it!! Get those skinny, refined lightweights out of the VINTAGE US Peavey club :D :bag:

9. Thanks Guys,after this club not seeing any action for some unknown reason the Cirrus owners & lovers,are finally coming forth to appriciate just how great this bass is. Thanks again Joe:hyper:

10. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Count me in.

BTW, I vote spade2you as Club President

11. Paperson I don't know I don't believe in dictatorship.I would have to vote to overthrow myself :D:eek::D but spades to you is more than welcome to be my vice president. Joe

12. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Doc, so glad you finally got one! I can't imagine not having at least one of these wonderful instruments in my lineup.

Kim

Oh, yeah, Joe- join me as well!

13. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Thanks so much for the kind words! The only thing about the Cirrus is that one may not be enough! I could see me getting a five or six in the future.:bassist:

14. Kim your pm is on the way. And Dr I know how you feel.I have gassin so bad for a Ruby Red 4 with a maple neck.:)

15. FPS

FPS

Dec 17, 2006
    Ohio
    Not sure if you're talking to me. All three are US models, the first two are 2000 redwoods and the last is a Walnut.

16. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I think he was just joking about the Cirrus' being in the US peavey club in which alot of the members own older heavy basses like the T-40
    btw, is there much of a difference in tone between the redwood and walnut Cirrus? I'm hoping to some day add a Cirrus to my two USA Millennium 5s. So right now I can't join but maybe someday.

17. From my experiences, I don't think the top makes much of a tonal difference, you'll get most of the tone from the fingerboard and body woods. The walnut bodied Cirri definitely have more bite and snap to them.

18. FPS

FPS

Dec 17, 2006
    Ohio
    Comparing the two (Walnut-Redwood) the walnut is brighter and the redwood has a warmer tone.

19. Count me in. Redwood 6 string here. Best bass I've ever played.