1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Official Warwick Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    I have the same bass, do the magnets line up with the strings on the neck pickup?
    I think the NS5 is for 19mm spacing.

2. Andyman001

Andyman001 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    You can tell by the pics it's not perfect. But i just finished practicing with it and string to string volume is pretty even.
    they are the same size as the MEC silvers so I can go back if there are issues.

Barticus likes this.
  3. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Portland, Oregon
    Looks awesome! I think @sleevey55 used to own this guy

ceerod and sleevey55 like this.
  4. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    What size tuners does it take? I’m thinking of making a visit to Hipshot and picking up ultralites for mine

5. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Might be worth checking you've not mixed up the bridge and neck pickups - see how they have different pole spacing...

6. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Awesome

7. Andyman001

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    3/8" post size tuners

RedJag likes this.
  8. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    Indeed, thats one I owned for awhile. Stellar bass!!!!

Stewart13 and ceerod like this.
  9. ceerod

ceerod Supporting Member

He sure did, I got it from him.

I have to agree it really is a special bass. GAS has hit me a few times since I got it and I've let go of a Fodera and 2 Sadowsky NYC's and opted to keep this SS1 over them. If I ever do decide to sell, I'll be sure to give you a heads up just in case you may want her back:thumbsup:

sleevey55 likes this.
  10. Harold Runyan

Harold Runyan

Apr 27, 2015
    [QUOTE=I’ve Been thinking of installing these same tuners on one of my Warwicks too. Is there really a noticeable difference weight wise over the OEM’s?

11. Harold Runyan

Harold Runyan

Apr 27, 2015
    When the preamp died on my ‘06 Streamer $$ I did quite a bit of research. I wanted a smooth, uncolored pre. I also liked the control layout and didn’t want to change. Spoke to Noll about their preamps via email. They were able to fulfill my needs perfectly. I’m sure they would provide the same level of custom service for you. I can’t imagine higher quality product or a more pleasant company to deal with! Competitively priced as well. They offered to add a stacked concentric mid tone control but I opted not to go that route. If my current Corvette $$ gets an upgrade I’ll for sure contact Noll and likely add the mid Just for giggles!

12. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    I’m less concerned about the weight, Hipshot tuning machines are SUPER precise with practically zero wiggle room allowing for super accurate tuning. Ultralights have the benefit of weighing less than most tuning machines, but I still think the most important element is their precision.

13. Harold Runyan

Harold Runyan

Apr 27, 2015
    That’s kind of where I was going (at least in my mind). Two of the five on one of my Corvettes are a little wobbly and have excessive play. Less weight would be nice especially if the quality is there! Thanks for responding!

14. Andyman001

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    I think they are a little bit lighter, but I didn't compare.

15. Ethan Block

Ethan Block

Aug 14, 2017
    Chicago, IL
  16. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
  17. Andyman001

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
    You've got better eyes than I.
    fixed. before and after.
    DSC02885. DSC02921.

bassbooty and SteveCS like this.
  18. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Screenshot_20180801-194559_Facebook.

19. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Portland, Oregon
    Love this pic bro!

Nakoatron likes this.
  20. Jason Harris

Jason Harris

Jan 17, 2017
    Looks good, but never understood why people play that high.
    It is really uncomfortable and looks weird ;)
    What do I know I have it super low