1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Official Warwick Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    You are absolutely right, it was Rob!!!! I had forgotten his name but yes those were the days!!!!!

Charlzm and bassbooty like this.
  2. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    Anybody got a black 4 string bridge lying around? I’m looking at switching the chrome hardware on my Corvette Std to Black

3. Lucky enough to be the new owner of this 2012 custom shop Streamer LX5. Thought you'd all enjoy a few pics.
    20180810_162700. 20180810_162731.

4. RedJag

RedJag

Mar 2, 2016
    TWO D-TUNERS? That’s crazy!

bassbooty and TolerancEJ like this.
  5. @RedJag @BassTapp Ooh! Create your own semi-Michael Manring Zon Hyperbass with 4 D Tuners.

6. Stewart13

Stewart13 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Portland, Oregon
    This man living in 3018

bass10bfb likes this.
  7. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Just picked up my 2nd. Warwick...
    SO0HYTv.

8. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    One D-Tuner
    One A-Tuner :smug: ...Lol :laugh:

bass10bfb and Reedt2000 like this.
  9. It sure feels like it when I switch on the bright white led fretmarkers!

Barticus and bassbooty like this.
  10. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
    Can you kindly post a side top view of the D tuners? Does the E string D tuner curve round to clear the B tuner?

11. I'm away from home for the weekend but will get a shot up asap. The lever was apparently made custom by Warwick to avoid hitting the b string tuner. It's a super cool little curved lever. Standby for pics!

gravesbass and bassbooty like this.
  12. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Wow, that’s a really nice Streamer!!! I hope you enjoy the heck out of that one.

13. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Well now I know what I’m going to do with that extra Hipshot Ultralight D-tuner I have laying around... There’s plenty of length on the lever for me to mod it like that to avoid my B tuner! :thumbsup:

bassbooty likes this.
  14. Here's a nice close up demonstrating how the E Detuner looks engaged.
    39062244_217726332235275_8582737352093335552_n.

TK4261, GBassNorth, Barticus and 2 others like this.
  15. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
    thank you!!

Barticus and BassTapp like this.
  16. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Thanks to @Charlzm I was able to pickup a nice little MEC 3-band upgrade for my Thumb BO 5 custom shop and just completed the upgrade today.

Amazing how much of a difference from the 2-band the 3 makes to my ears, even with it just set flat. Then just the slightest adjustment provides such great tone variations.

I think it made this Thumb into what it should have been from the beginning! My next upgrade will be to do a drop tuner on the E string, with a slight mod to bend the lever around my B tuner.

Thumb BO 5 CS MEC 3-Band.
    Thumb BO 5 CS.

17. Really nice! Love those BO Thumbs ...Wish Warwick would take the dive into a 32" scale Thumb BO.

Barticus likes this.
  18. somebrains

somebrains Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Someone did this and was showing people around the El Cerrito GC around 1994/5.
    I do not remember what preamp he was using but he was all super Jazz guy and wanted all this control that we weren't used to unless you counted those 5-pot + maybe 2-4 dip switch deals on Foderas and Tobias of the era.

I agree, it's something that should have been a feature backed into the Thumb.

I do know Corvette guys that mod with a Streamer vol/blend/PP pot for same layout.

Barticus likes this.
  19. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    The neck on this one feels quite amazing it was shaved so it’s thin and feels almost like a jazz or ibanez neck front to back it is just super thin and comfortable with no neck dive. Compared to my two other five string Warwick’s the neck feels like it’s about half the size. :)

Charlzm likes this.
  20. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    So essentially it’s just the same preamp that’s in the neck through, so it’s made my favorite bass even more favorite :):thumbsup: