1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Warwick Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Me too, nice fortress!

graphics1988 and Reedt2000 like this.
  2. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Thanks man. Ya that's a 2010 Ltd Fortress. It is a beast. (And light weight!!) :)

Lardass5000, husky123 and Reedt2000 like this.
  3. bassbooty

bassbooty -Rey Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Utah
    Actually when watching the video, one can hear a difference between the Tedur and Brass in the fretted notes too. When I’ve changed from Tedur to Brass in my basses I hear it also. :D Some people have more critical ears than others, which is fine because like @James Collins said, it just depends on the player > to each his own. :)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    bass10bfb and FunkHead like this.
  4. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Are the Hipshot String Posts slightly wider than Stock Warwicks?

5. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Fixed

Can a streamer CV cut thru the mix as much as a Warwick corvette std active?

6. I posted this in the Pickup forum but didn't get a response. Thought I would see if anyone here could help me.

I have search and searched . I'm not very good with electronics so I need it explained for a simple mind. I would like to wire this to coil spit in series as opposed to switching series/parallel. This is a 2017 Warwick $$ Corvette RB. Can anyone help me? Sorry for such a big pic.
    Matt

[​IMG]

7. Did you get that one from Kijiji? It looks familiar. Gorgeous!

graphics1988 likes this.
  8. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    Black is the "hot" from one pickup half. Red is the other "hot". Green should be the opposite end of the red wire's coil. White is the ground for the entire pickup, or if looking at halves of the pickup, it is the ground for the black wire.

The switch part of the diagram is showing when in serial:
    Red to middle terminal of a 250k linear pot. The green wire is then connected to the black wire. The white goes to ground.

Pot -- red -- PU1-- green -- black -- PU2 -- white -- Ground

That is two pickups in series.

9. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    So you want to be able to split each into a single coil instead of controlling whether the coils inside are series or parallel? Here is a diagram from SD:

9GMx5iA.

It doesn't matter that these are guitar humbuckers, the signal path should be the same.

10. James Collins

James Collins

Mar 25, 2017
    Augusta, GA
    The wire colors are not the same. I may have read that he just wanted them in series without switching. Interested to find out the answer.

Also, I think that wiring diagram you posted is parallel.

11. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    You got it. It's in excellent condition. He owned it since 2003....looks hardly used at all. :)

12. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Why are all the amazing Streamers (colors/woods) I see for sale on eBay/Reverb always in Japan? :unsure:

Gooney, Stewart13, TolerancEJ and 2 others like this.
  13. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    I wondered the same just last week! They all have horribly incomplete descriptions, and I've even seen a few one-off custom shop basses listed twice, one used and one brand new. If they want to sell those extremely expensive basses, they're certainly not doing it in a way that'd make me feel comfortable buying from them!

TolerancEJ, Barticus and graphics1988 like this.
  14. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Its funny I was in Tokyo last fall and did a bit of searching one afternoon, I visited 3-4 shops and didn't see any Warwicks... Everything but :)

TonyRo and TolerancEJ like this.
  15. Don’t buy from the eBay sellers. Those are individuals who live near Japanese music stores. They copy the listings of stores in Japan, add hundreds - sometimes $1000 more to the price. When you buy, they go to the store, buy and send to you.

That said, most Japanese eBay items will be found at Ikebe Gakki, Ishibashi, Miki, among other reputable music shops. If you search enough, you can find the original listings at the proper prices.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Northfear, katolecho, PaulS and 4 others like this.
  16. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    NEOhio
    Interesting, that's good to know!

Dbass35 and TolerancEJ like this.
  17. TonyRo

TonyRo Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Cleveland, OH
    Wow, that's insane, thanks for the heads up! :eek:

TolerancEJ likes this.
  18. gbv5501

gbv5501 Supporting Member

May 21, 2014
    Frisco, Texas
    So I acquired a 2008 Streamer LX4 Ltd. Edition and love it. I did have one question and figured someone here could easily answer for me. When I do the serial lookup it comes back with a CO Streamer. What is the CO?
    serial.JPG

19. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
    Warwick Custom Shop Custom Order (CO) ?
    That's what I found online. Others might be able to tell better.

Reedt2000 and gbv5501 like this.
  20. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Sounds good to me. Especially with the Madrone Burl body. It's a special bass for sure.

Reedt2000 and TolerancEJ like this.