The Official Warwick Club (Part 6)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Never played through a Warwick amp. I am a Mesa and Bergantino user. Before that, I played through an Eden rig for a long time.

WarwickE36 likes this.
  2. Lot of people went with Trace Elliot in the 90s - always a question what tone you want to get and for which type of music

3. avi

avi Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I have used SWR and Boogie mostly. I have a Traynor SB200H right now with Dr Bass cabs.. I recently played through a Warwick head and it wasn't terrible. It.was a very clean amp and pretty punchy. I played it through a Boogie cab though. I've heard there are power issues as far as volume or whatever. You can find them cheap used.

4. avi

avi Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I always wanted a Trace but never bought one. I'm a sucker for glow in the dark anything.

timplog, PizzaFiend and Barticus like this.
  5. Barticus

Barticus Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    Aguilar (AG700/TH500) and Trace Elf primarily… I do have a Warwick Gnome I-Pro that that I pair with a Markbass 2x10 that does sound pretty good.

I did buy one of the 1000w Warwick amps about 10yrs ago to try it out and it wasn’t a fit for me so I returned it.

BrusselsBass and timplog like this.
  6. neal rapp

neal rapp

Apr 14, 2021
    i picked up a genzbenz shuttle max 900 with a 1/15 delta lite in a fender bassman paired with a PJ cab 67 and C4 depth punch tone and add an Alpha/omega pre amp it’s like a shot of adrenaline to your most passive bass
    i keep everything flat cause the amps that good but i’ve always heard either a trace or a kruger adds color to your sound / tone ??

HugeToner likes this.
  7. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    ?

8. WarwickE36

WarwickE36

Oct 28, 2010

Mesa TT800 w/ subway 115 cab. I have had GK and Hartke in the past. I would love to get my hands on Hellborg tho...

9. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    No. Trace Elliot (both MIE and MIC), GK, SWR for me.

10. 099451057947

Feb 9, 2021
    I'm also in the Trace Elliot camp, but I'm running a AH150 SMC into an Ampeg SVT 18". It's as 90's as it can get while still capable of a B string.

11. Erithon

Erithon Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2018
    That's what I use, too. Since 2009. Somehow it's become the piece of gear I've owned the longest.

12. TheBass

TheBass

Jul 2, 2004
    Germany
    I use a Glockenklang Blue Rock amp with a Take Five cab and a Glockenklang Steamhammer amp with a Double Art Cab. Glockenklang is expensive in Germany as well but not as expensive as in the USA. I like them because they don't add too much to the sound by themselves and rather supports the specific sounds of different basses.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
    neal rapp and WarwickE36 like this.
  13. timplog

timplog Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2016
    santa fe, new mexico
    former Markbass cmd and ny 12’s but found nirvana with mesa SW215 and 800+ originally ‘cause never see Warwick amps in store to try….

14. Bartrinsic

Bartrinsic Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2018
    San Diego
    Sometimes Warwick LWA1000. Sometimes Quilter BB802.
    CorvetteLWA1000Quilter2x10c.jpg

bonin in the boneyard likes this.
  15. PaulS

PaulS

Jan 19, 2016
    Somewhere in Jersey
    @BrusselsBass thats a real beauty!

as for amps, never used, or even seen Warwick gear. Not common in the US. Played Hartke stuff for decades, switched to Genzler in the last few years.

BrusselsBass likes this.
  16. Reedt2000

Reedt2000 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Central New Jersey
    Same here. When I upgraded (or down graded depending on what specs you're looking at :D) from a hartke head with trace 4x10 (actually a Hartke cab with the Celestion 10s that came in trace stuff then) I planned to get a rumble or GK kickback. I took my FNA Jazzman to GC and played all of the options and the MB was head and shoulders better, worth the extra $. I've gigged it regularly for years with no problems. The hartke rig was a little punchy-er but not enough to make lugging it around preferable :smug:

BrusselsBass and Barticus like this.
  17. HugeToner

HugeToner

Jan 23, 2022
    I have a Traynor dyna bass 800h and am Ampeg Pentalfex 500w an old SWR SM900 (it's got problems) ... I run the Ampeg through a Goliath 2x10 at church... the traynor is run through 4x10 Kustom groovebass cab for larger Rock gigs... I actually took a GK 1001rb I used to own to GC and played it thru a Warwick 4x8 cab , it was so clear and punchy but I didn't have the $$$ at the time... SERIOUSLY thinking about pairing these Warwicks with an Orange amp for R&B gigs... want a contemporary tone but don't know which would be better... the "little bass thing" or the "Terror bass" .. kinda thinking TB because of the tube pre and very portable ... actually warms it way up and sounds so even! Thinking I might even spend the money on something like an Epifani cab because of the switchable ohm thing on their cabs...

BrusselsBass likes this.
  18. burgerdj

burgerdj

Dec 4, 2006
    Maryland
    Back in the day, the ideal combination IMHO was Warwick and Trace Elliot. I tried a couple of Warwick amps over the years - a WAMP combo and a more recent mosfet head. I WAMP was a bit underpowered and the tone was just ok. The mosfet was pretty cool, but was a 19” rack mount and a bit of a dinosaur. I’ve enjoyed my tone out of Mesa and GK in recent years.

19. Barticus

Sep 16, 2017
    Midwest
    I've had my original Italian made Markbass Traveller 102p with the tweeter control forever, bought it new and it stays in our rehearsal studio... It just has some kinda mojo to it, sounds great with any head I pair it with (Aguilar, Trace, Warwick, Markbass) so I've just decided I'll never part with that cab. I also had a matching 4x10 (also original Italian made) that was superb, but was too big to lug around and wasn't getting used enough so I sold it.

The 2x10 is almost invisible in the studio next to the drum kit here, but has no problems with nice clear articulate lows/mids and punching through against the drums, keys, and a Marshall 1/2 stack

444FF42F-936A-410E-9834-356C348D085D.jpeg 8D731C40-F6C9-4824-AD9D-4778DE19475F.jpeg

20. avi

avi Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2017
    For anyone interested I just posted my 07 Corvette Std. 20220215_173755.jpg in the classifieds. Super light bass. Fun to play! I know you guys love the basement divider curtain too! We can make a deal!

bonin in the boneyard likes this.