1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Washburn Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 29, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Hi Melonthief,

This is a great initiative that you have there. Here is my story with Washburn bass, I had played in a progessive band from 1974 to 1981 and at that times I used my 1974 Gibson EB-4L and my 1965 Hofner 182 Professionnal then I entered University and I had no more times for music and my basses were stored in the closet until 2008. In 2008 I decided to take out my basses from the closet and I bought a Line6 pod Studio GX to play thru my computer. As I was looking on eBay for my wife's stuff I also look for the bass and was completly spellbind by a red Idol bass (WB66) and I ordered it and order some other brands bass that I always want to try in the past (Schecter Diamond serie IV, Aria pro II, Ovation Magnum III...) then I exchange my Schecter for a Washburn XS-5 and I really like the 80' sound of this bass and I am GASing since then on Washburn bass. For now I bought a small amp (Beckemer E100) and play about three hours every day trying different style and always playing my different Washburn bass. I hope to be part of a band in a near future when I'll found some good chaps and it's sure that I'll play some of my Washburn bass. For now I could probably call myself a collectionner instead of a thru musician but that's my dearest goal.

2. SP_EB4L

Here is a little follow up on the strange Taurus bass with humbucker, I found on the Bass Guitar Museum web site an old listing of a Taurus T24 HNM with a good amount of low resolution pictures that give good informations. This one was produced in 2006 in Vietnam and had a sticker at the base of the neck with the complete indentification. It was a real neck thru contrary to the other one listed in Kijiji Montreal that is a set or a bolt-on neck and that was call a T14 NM by a French guys. Whatever the name or the neck specification, I looked in the 2005 and 2006 Washburn catalogue and there is no listing of an Humbucker equiped Taurus bass, so it's still a mystery in the great Washburn tradition and that's what make it appealing.

3. SP_EB4L

Hi MEKER!

I think you were wise by questioning the credibility, if not the honesty of the seller. This is a pity because it was a very nice bass. I felt a little trouble reading your message because it was me who found this ad and I do not doubt that the transaction can go wrong. I wish you better luck next time.

4. SP_EB4L

Hi psp742!

I saw this listing, the price is low but it's greatly modified as this EMG pick-ups are not the genuine Washburn humbucker but it could play very well.

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Oh, that is OK. Yes, it is a nice bass. And thanks for spotting it. It is very nice when our club members find interesting basses and let us all know. Very helpful. After that, it is up to the buyer to see if all is OK with seller and bass. I think I did the right thing in letting it go.

6. SP_EB4L

Gosh! It's quite quiet here!

Here some news from the Memphis Craigslist EB40-EQ, it reappear on Memphis Craigslist with the same listing. With MEker experience on that listing I think it's better to be a local trade to avoid some troubles.

7. SP_EB4L

Here is a good deal for those of you who live in New England a Mercury MB-8 that look pristine. I got a green one that a pay a lot more, take a peek.

8. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    That is a good looking bass! I know nothing about the MB series--are they rich in tones? Fast neck? One-trick pony? Looks good though.

9. SP_EB4L

Good evening MEker,

This is the series that follow the Axxes serie they were produce during two years only (1992-93), the neck is similar of those of the Force ABT and the Axxes series. It's not a one-trick pony because they were equip with Status electronics that is as good as the EMG ones. It's not really a funky bass, it's good for 80' New Wave tone and progrock as the pick-ups are really dynamic and can be real deep and smoth if you push the bass tone button. If I compare it to my Force-8 BBR it's really more articulated. For the price that he ask it's really a good deal.

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Very interesting---maybe one day I'll try one out!

11. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    I've got 4 MB's. '92-'93. Love 'em all... Great basses for the price. If it's in good shape (as it appears), pounce. Check my pics a few pages back.... All 4 in a row. Cream, purple sparkle, and a black fretless, and a black 5-string. Feel free to ask if you've got any questions

12. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
  13. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    So cool..

14. AGH

AGH

Jun 18, 2013
    Long Island NY
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
    I'm finally gonna post some pics of my Force 4's. First my baby, my first bass, I'm sorry I hurt it.
    010_zps721fd2a9.
    And my new to me Force 4.
    001_zps730b1a26.

15. SP_EB4L

Arghhhhh!

AGH I fall in love, your white one is jaw-dropping! It's modified? Is it? You should had worked at Washburn design office it's very well done, I take my cap off to you.

Thank you so much to share those pictures with us.

16. These are nice. Plays fast and feels good , which is more important if I'm playing a 4-6 hour gig. Tone is fat and crunchy. Love 'em...

Alan

17. AGH

AGH

Jun 18, 2013
    Long Island NY
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
    Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes the white Force 4 has been modified with dual EMG HB's and custom pickguards. I did the work when I was 18, so it was really nice to be receive the black original one for my 46th birthday from my ultra cool bass playing girlfriend.

18. psp742

psp742 Washburn above others.

Jun 4, 2012
    Morganville, NJ
    Firstly, I want to apologize if i post an electric guitar instead of Washburn bass. I just wanted to share a picture of the Washburn X Series X33 MiK S/N: N04041887 (I assume it is a 2004)

WashburnX-331_zps9e0d65b0.
    Washburn Fulcrum tremolo, Shaman EL910 single coil pickup

WashburnX-336_zps0d95d529.
    Solid Alder body with carved top and recessed knob

WashburnX-339_zps4db68d80.
    I upgraded the oem string tree to Graphtech string tree (black)

WashburnX-3311_zpsb49399a3.
    buzz feiten tuning system, Grover 18:1 tuners

19. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Such NICE Force 4's!! What are the serial numbers on them? What kind of sound are you getting out of the two EMG's? Love'em both!:hyper:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.