1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Washburn Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 29, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

The price rise up on the British B-20-8, it's now at 210$USD, I don't now if he will get is 600£ but with four more days to go it's a possibility. There was another one Vancouver (WA) Craiglist at 950$USD and it just end it listing few minutes ago (it was custom build for the UFO bassist Pete Way). Again in the North-West Coast area there is a nice pristine Force 4 Fretless (I think it's a conversion) but it's a bit expensive again (345$USD, Is West Coast guys are rich?)

2. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    Is anyone else going to be bidding on this B-20-8?

3. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    Thanks MEK. Told him it wasn't original. Hoping he 'll let it go for a reasonable amount. I just think $1,000 is a bit steep, don't you?

4. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    He sure went from knowing nothing about it, to being very confident he could get top dollar for it pretty quick....

5. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Steep? YES, say again HELL, YES! Jeez......:scowl: Then again, European prices for our brands are usually over-priced compared to us here. Unfortunately.

6. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Heya SP_EB4L.....Hope your evening is good. MIne has been, even though I ate fish sticks for dinner.:atoz:

Thanks for verifying the years on those basses of Melonthief. Appreciate it!

PS: Melonthief SAYS he got a new bass. Randy challenged him because of no pictures. What do we do now? I'll follow your lead.:D

Yes, that is one CLEAN defret job on the Force 4---very nice. I emailed for a SN.

Oh and check out this XB-100 serial number: I8011614
    The"I" means Indonesia maybe, and it is 1998? Other XB-100's do not have stickers for the number.

Attached Files:

7. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    He won't get it. I'll snipe it if possible.

8. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    He sent pics. Truly lovely.

9. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    fingers crossed for ya, pal.

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    POST'em!!! I snagged then ones on eBay. You have more? Can you see the serial number?

11. Randy Washburn

Randy Washburn

May 30, 2013
    Thanks MEK..... Yeah .... I'm screwed.

12. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Wonderful way of describing the difference (from a biologist of all people and NOW I feel that I understand it better) and I will paraphrase it as I cannot remember it word for word:

Analog has the the graduations, imperfections, compromises, etc. dragging along between the defining "notes" you want to capture. Example: an old record, where all that information is imperfectly "smeared" along in the grooves because they lacked the technology then to get rid of the extraneous stuff

Digital does away with those things and very cleanly has ONLY the defining "note" information in a bit that is either there or not there. On a CD, each defining piece of "note" information is precisely placed in a micro-pit (think of a soldier's foxhole).

I think you could even make this comparison in a way:
    Analog-----the boom of thunder with all the beautiful rumblings and echoes, etc. that make up the entire "hearing" of that thunder.

Digital----the boom of thunder, period.

13. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    What? What?

14. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

It's not his new bass on this post?!?!

It was tomato pizza for me tonight as I went to the pub before and I had drink two pints of American Indian Pale Ale as an "entrée" for the meal.

Yeah, it's a very nice defret job it do not look custom at all, but the bass is a bit expensive even if it' in very good condition.

XB-100 is definitely a 1998 bass an yes they were made in Indonesia at that time, the neck that I bought for my hybrid had an "Made in Indonesia" sticker on it and it was also an 1998 or 1999 as the fretless XB-200 Fretless was produced only during those years.

Good Night to all.:oops:

15. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.