1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Official Washburn Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Oct 29, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psp742

psp742 Washburn above others.

Jun 4, 2012
    Morganville, NJ
  2. Melonthief

Melonthief

Jan 25, 2013
    This weekend are our last 2 East Coast shows then in January 12 shows in CA and we are playing at NAMM. I can only take one bass so I'm going with the Force 40 BBR. Hopefully the guys from Washburn will show me some love!!
    If any TBer's are in either LA or SF please hit me up and come to a show as my guest.

3. msact

msact

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    It all depends on if you are fixing it to sell it or keep it. If you have the cash and it is worth keeping for you, fix that puppy. You will probably never recover the amount of money you spend after it is fixed. Big thing is if you want to keep it or sell it

5. msact

msact

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ
    Good advice. I guess I am just a little upset about it. Chances are I would never find another. I guess I will have him go ahead and fix it.

6. SP_EB4L

SP_EB4L Supporting Member

Good evening Carl Caliente and thanks to had respond to my invitation to join us, Meker who is the number cruncher will probably officialize your entry tonight as he's like me, a night bird. There is a lot of details that we could see in the new pictures that you had posted today. First the bridge, it look like the one used on the Force ABT B-30 that was the top level bass of that serie in the end of 80'. Second, the pick-ups and controls that are again probably taken from the same B-30, I did not remember another PJ Wasburn with four buttons, usually they have only three buttons with a pick-ups selector switch. About the head stock, I agree with 66atlas it's about the origine of this bass, it's more from a HB50 guitar than a HB35 even if the F-hole and the head stock seems to varied from year to year. I found some links about the HB50 that was produced between 1989 and 1991 for a total of 50 guitars. Here is Links1 and links2.

I hope you'll post some more pictures of your bass in future, I like to see if the back is rounded like the HB50.

Regards.

7. SP_EB4L

Good evening psp 742,

I got a XS-5 similar to that one and I could told you that's a real good bass, its strength is the pick-ups and electronics that give a really good output but it sound like a 80'-90' bass with the "mwah" that MEker is looking for in a jazz bass. The only caveat that I could give is the width of the neck that is narrow in comparison to the Bantam XB-500, XB-925 or the Taurus T-25 and it could not please every one.

You surely make to got decision.

8. SP_EB4L

Hey Melonthief,

Busy times this winter, I also hope that the Washburn guys will show you some love and give you a SHBH3 or a least a SHB60 at the same time, then we could have a review of those bass. I hope you'll have some times to rest during the Hollidays!

9. SP_EB4L

10. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Here is the updated list then as of today, 20JAN2014:
    1 - ronaldpdbrandt
    2 - droppedurpocket
    3 - bigthor
    4 - vbchaos
    5 - dereksilloway
    6 - Rust2Rods
    7 - Thundar
    8 - Staccato
    9 - Washburn1216
    10 - Sumtingwong
    11 - tabdog
    12 - hrodbert696
    13 - ThudThudThud
    14 - weston417
    15 - AlvarHanso
    16 - Profania_bass
    17 - Geezer79
    18 - iriegnome
    19 - Dluxe
    20 - ObeyGiant
    21 - hashtagfour
    21 - Meddle
    22 - DaniKettu
    23 - TheAngryPocket
    24 - psp742
    25 - billgoodwin
    26 - Mitril
    27 - roberacer
    28 - robl
    29 - vonshavingcream
    30 - SP_EB4L
    31 - Themthafqnman
    32 - Kickass
    33 - ewe2
    34 - brothermoose
    35 - PDQ
    36 - bodmin
    37 - EdMan57
    38 - noisetherapy
    39 - DeMayunn
    40 - 3mrhythm
    41 - mc_muench
    42 - msact
    43 - Huge94
    44 - MEKer
    45 - Melonthief
    46 - Jesusrocks
    47 - handjyve
    48 - louthedog
    49 - JohnnyLiBass
    50 - Dave the Bass
    51 - Mr. Ray
    52 - BlueTalon
    53 - Wagz
    54 - TheEHMan
    55 - cwb540
    56 - jaibeau
    57 - KeithPas
    58 - Rob
    59 - mrshane
    60 - SludgeMerchant
    61 - avicenna
    62 - Randy Washburn
    63 - wesdbenson
    64 - DaveDeVille
    65 - Beatlejuice53
    66 - BlueLine1
    67 - CC321488
    68 - Resoslide
    69 – Super Iridium
    70 - AGH
    71 - Carlcaliente
    72 - Ironbar
    73 - jwitzend
    74 - ubnomnar
    75 - Zeebs_23
    76 - strikeslast
    77 - vmabus
    78 - Heisenbass
    79 - mc900ftj

11. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    msact: good advice for you from everyone. Personally, I'd keep it and save up to fix it (no matter how long it takes) as that is one rare bass!

melonthief: rock'em out with the BBR!!! I LOVE them and light incense in front of mine with a prayer of thanks to it.:D

12. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
    I know a guy who has an SHBH1B arriving Friday the 6th :bag:

13. SP_EB4L

Hi MEker,

GM60466 write in a post that it was called HBB4 and to me it seems to be logical (Hollow Body Bass 4 strings) so if Carlcaliente and you agreed I propose to call it HBB4.

14. SP_EB4L

You are a lucky dude! this one is similar to the SHBH3 but without the Hipshot d-tuner and some differences in the neck but the pick-ups and the electronics is supposed to be identical. I hope you'll give us a review of it and as you list over 80 bass that you had own your opinion will give us a good insight on how this bass is situated in the bass realm.

I can't wait until tomorrow!:hyper:

15. msact

msact

Jan 8, 2013
    Somewhere in NJ
    Hey guys, I decided to go ahead with the truss rod repair. I will probably never find another bass like it so it is worth fixing. It wasn't very playable as it was.

16. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    Yup. I know the feeling. Went through the same thing with my Ric Fretless.

17. Hey SP_EB4L
    the back of the bass is almost exactly like the HB-50. and HBB4 sounds perfect for a model number. I'd actually came to that decision myself on the pu's and bridge also, or at least what they were describing about the B-30. haha

MEKer, thanks for the number sir! I'm excited to be counted amongst all these other amazing bass owners.

I've enclosed a couple more pics of the bass since I seem to only be able to upload 2 at a time... hahaha

thanks guy's so much!
    Carl

(now just to find someone with another of these freak basses) lol

Attached Files:

18. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Carlcaliente and SP_EB4L: Sounds good. I just added the HBB-4 to the database on page 4/post#65 and we are up to 62 different models owned by the 70 members of the club! I KNOW there are others out there in TB-Land. Hope we can find more info on that bass---very interesting. Also I think we need to call SP_EB4L our Wash-Tech!

msact: Glad to hear your decision. I swear the B-20 family is among the best works of art in all Washie basses.

19. AGH

AGH

Jun 18, 2013
    Long Island NY
    All of the stuff I got for free wore out!
    Hey MEKer! Just wanted to point out that I have been proudly been member #70 since October. It's in the old thread. Can you fix this for me please? Thanks.

20. Melonthief

Melonthief

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't know if I ever mentioned this trick I did to my B-20- with the neck straight I couldn't seem to get the action low enough. It just seemed that the whole bridge sat too high off the body. I was just about to rout out and sink the bridge 1/16 into the body ( yikes) when I realized I could just machine off 1/16 of the bottoms of the bridge saddles, problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.