1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The official WAY HUGE club!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sideFX, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Thanks for the link. Great gutshot of the Atreides in the PDF — and not a volume nor gain trimmer to be seen.

"No user-serviceable parts inside" :laugh:

basstalkname likes this.
  2. I don't think it's a bad batch, I think that's just how the volume works. People on Reddit who have received said pretty much the same thing. My guess is that the massive amount of gain serves two purposes; 1) It gives the pedal enough gain to be able to run the sub signal solo. 2) It allows the pedal to hit tube amps or consoles super hard for added saturation/harmonics. Both of these things would be beneficial to guitar players and keyboardists. Sucks for people playing into clean solid state amps though.

I think I'm going to wait and pick up a used unit or wait for a 25% off coupon. I like it but not sure how much I'd use it.

3. smokinjoe

smokinjoe

Jul 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    I checked mine and I'm getting about 10db gain at the midpoint of the volume control. To get unity I have to set it almost off. Sending it back today. ☹️

4. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Maybe it works better with the volume knob on your bass set a little lower?

5. basstalkname

basstalkname

Jan 16, 2020
    I'm still waiting for the replacement. I tried lowering the volume on my bass...the pedal output didn't change until the volume on the bass was near off and then it just sent a sub signal to my amp. Weird.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021