1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The old guy

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Davesound, Oct 9, 2013.

  1. Davesound


    Apr 30, 2013

    I just purchased an Ibanez GSR MIKO 20 short scale bass.The color is called Ivory White.It came with cheap looking chrome plastic knobs.I purchased some better looking black knobs,which is an improvement.and installed them.It has a Chrome I think you call it " Bridge Sattle"? It would look much better if it was black.Is there anyone that sell's a bridge sattle that would match this , but in black..I've never done any mods on instruments and I really don't want to mess this bass up.It's size,playing and feel are perfect for me! If it isn't something very simple,I would rather leave it alone.I don't mind looking,but don't know where to look!

  2. The piece you are looking to replace is called a bridge. The individual pieces that the strings ride on are called saddles.

    You may not find a direct drop-in replacement for it but if you measure the string spacing (by measuring center of string to center of string) and overall width of all strings, there are several places that you can find a black bridge that may or may not require drilling.

    Best Bass Gear
    Guitar Parts Resource
    Etc etc

    I've used the first two several times, GPR once or twice, etc etc a few times. I've bought bridge pieces on eBay before, but they were Chinese pieces o crap going on a piece o crap bass.

    Good luck. By the time you're done modding the Mikro, it may be a pretty cool bass!

    Edit: And please, stop referring to yourself as the old guy. I'm the only one allowed to feel old and crappy.

Share This Page