1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The old guy

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Davesound, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi

I recently purchased an Ibanez GSR Short Scale Mikro m20 , Pearl White Bass. I've changed the control knobs from chrome to black.Presently the tuners are chrome.I think black tuners would look better.On one of the bass parts web sites they have Hipshot tuners ? .They are listed as 1/2 and 3/8 .Does this mean they come in different sizes or are the tuning part comes in different sizes.? How do I find out what fits! Is changing these hard to do.? It sounds like it could be fun doing this.I really like this base and don't want to ruin it. The saddle /bridge Is also chrome.I don't want to mess with changing that until I get much better at this.Was thinking about putting a black ash tray over it of some kind? If I can find one that will cover it without hitting any thing?Please give me your advise on this.It's all new to me,but could be fun?

Thanks
    Dave

2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    I wouldnt spend that much money on a bass that cheap unless you REALLY plan on keeping it forever. I'm not saying don't do it I'm just saying make sure this is really something that you want.

3. Davesound

Davesound

Apr 30, 2013
    Hi
    I understand what your getting at.I'm 70 now and forever may not be that far away? I have a really nice 1980 Fender Jazz bass,all original, ,that is hard for me to play because it's to big and heavy.I have nerve damage in my hands and this Ibanez is the one I gig with and really care for.I Also have a Ubass and a Fender Squier short Scale that are nice ,but the Ibanez is the one I most like, and suites me best .I hope that makes this a little more understandable?

Thanks

Dave