The Onion does it AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dave Siff, May 27, 2003.

1. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    That was hillarious. How dumb can this guy be, or is it that these other guys don't really show that they are christians? I find it amusing how he talks about all these great brands these guy know about that he's never heard of :D

Edit: Ok after looking at some of the other stories on there I am wondering if they are serious.
  2. Two thumbs up

Waaaaaaaaaaay up
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I am wondering if YOU are serious. :spit:

At least you aren't embarrassing yourself on a national level like the lady who wrote to Reader's Digest and quoted The Onion as a source of some info she gave.

brad cook
  4. i like the guy who plagerized the onion for a major story in a chineese newspaper. something about congress rebuilding the white house with basketball courts, box seats, hot dog vendors...
  5. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    The onion is great entertainment, plus I live near madison so I get it for free!!!!!!!! And never take the onion seriously.
  6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The fact that some friends of mine are a carbon copy of that story make it even funnier.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I still preffer the "Area Bassist Fellated" article
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Classic stuff. I loved it!
  9. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Yes! That's my alltime favorite! "Simms also suddenly put off plans to quit the band, though he maintains that his recent sexual encounter had nothing to do with his sudden change of heart."
  10. yeah, that's good. Green Day, now THAT'S punk!! :D
  11. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    The Bootsy 72 hour bass slap fillibuster at the Funk Congress was classic.
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Too lazy to go find it now but wasn't there another p-funk related article about the mothership landing on earth?

brad cook
  13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Yeah! During a Hootie and the Blowfish concert.
  14. BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
  15. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Please don't take any offense, but that was even funnier than the article … ;)
  16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    that guy looks almost exactly like my friend erik!(also a bassist)