the onion's least essential albums

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by night marcher, Dec 11, 2003.

1. The onion

Russell Crowe has a CD out?!?!
  2. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    macho man has an album?

3. T3H ONYON SI TEh B3Storxorz1

(It does rule)
  4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

That list is hilarious. My favorite inessential CD on the list is "The Acoustic Coffee House Presents: A Female Tribute to Creed." Say what? Did someone actually record a CD like that?

I noticed that first season American Idol runner up Justin Guarini's CD was not included and wondered why. However The Onion did mention it on another page.

This week Randy Savage was actually at my local Wal-Mart signing copies of his CD. I wouldn't even buy a personally signed copy. It would have to be unlistenable.

The Onion's list was so entertaining, this year I will pay attention to CDs that come out that I would never buy and make my own list of inessential CDs next December.

5. Yes. I was unfortunate enough to have listened to it. Imagine an old white guy in his early 50s rapping....about wrestling.

Yeah, sounds just as bad as you think :meh:

Freakin Hilarious though :D

"Come on Hogan now don't be scrrred, running from Macho thats what I heard"
  6. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Hmmm...Prince's News album is that bad, huh? Does anyone have this disc? Some sound clips that I have heard from it do not seem all that terrible.
  7. Hogan should beat the crap out of him with his bass!
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It seems that for some, 15 minutes is too much time.
  9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    People, let me clear it up that MACHO MAN'S CD RULES!!! Man I got it, it's so fun to listen to cuz it's...

1)So Corny
    2)Such predictable lyrics
    3)The vocals were done really badly
    4)His voice sounds funny
    5)Bad/Funny lyrics
    7)Come on it's Macho Man!

10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Macho Man's earlier stuff was better....namely his work with the WWF! *zing*

Seriously, Macho Man may be good and all, but he's no Hulk Hogan, and Hulk Hogan's no Mr. T.

Notable tracks: Treat Your Mother Right; Love each other; and Be Somebody