1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The only Tweeting I want is from my "Sunn" 410H...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whovines, Jun 4, 2012.

1. whovines

whovines

Jun 3, 2012
    pnw
    hey there, first time poster, long time drive-by reader...

I've been rocking a "Sunn" (Fender) 300T for a couple years now with "Sunn" 410H cabinet - acquired from different sources.

The Tweeter did not work when I purchased the 410H.. And so following the 410H manual I replaced the fuse/lamp - no dice. Then a few months later I replaced the horn, and still nothing. I've been content with my rig as is, but if there is more tonal flexibility to be had then I want it.

Just curious if anyone is experienced / familiar with this. I saw a similar post from 2004 - pretty sure I didn't acquire that cab. I would also appreciate any comments/suggestions/delusions regarding tweeters/horns in general.

2. jungleheat

jungleheat Inactive

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    There are a few possibilities.

1). Somehow the old tweeter blew the new fuse, and now that put the new tweeter in, you need a new fuse.

2). It's not a fuse or a tweeter problem, but something is fried in the x-over. If this is the case, maybe the old tweeter is actually ok, and you could possibly sell it or keep it as a spare.

3). It was a tweeter problem all along and the replacement just happened to be a dud too.

If you're handy with a multi-meter, you could do some poking around with the tweeter and crossover and see what you can dig up there. If you're not, take the cab to a good tech in your area to check out.

3. whovines

whovines

Jun 3, 2012
    pnw
    Pretty sure I've got something fried on the crossover circuit.

Must be time to get handy with the dusty multimeter. Thanks!