1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the only walnut stain bass currently from fender is a squier?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iDylan, Apr 27, 2010.

1. iDylan

iDylan

Jun 27, 2008
    dallas texas
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Basses
    is there something i'm missing? i would love a nice p bass with the walnut finish like the '72 basses had, i believe it was called walnut anyways, i've also heard it called mocha.

some web searching has led me to believe that a certain squier jazz bass is the only bass currently being produced in that color. i could buy one and upgrade pickups and such, but i wish i didn't have to.

speaking of replacing pickups, i just picked this bass up for $150 because the pickups are ruined and the pickguard is warped. i dropped some quarter pounders in it and ordered a black pickguard yesterday. here's the picture i took just after buying. i will definitely post a picture once i get the new pickguard put on. i haven't seen that particular shade of yellow with a black pickguard before, you guys think it will look alright?

i haven't posted in a while but my band's EP is coming out next month, if you want a copy for free since we're talkbass friends, give me your email address and i will email it to everyone when it is out.

Attached Files:

2. iDylan

iDylan

Jun 27, 2008
    dallas texas
    bump. i might look into a guy on ebay that a friend told me about who will build you just about any kind of bass you want.

3. iDylan

iDylan

Jun 27, 2008
    dallas texas
    eeeeeeh. 279 is a bit much to pay just to keep the body. that sucks.

4. well you can part it out here
    and make some of it back

while the agathis used in the body is not actual walnut
    the bodies are light
    I had one in shoreline gold and added a Mighty Mite maple Jazz neck to it afterwards
    and it was quite the fun and funky player
    4070565973_76a4cd9c79_b.

5. iDylan

iDylan

Jun 27, 2008
    dallas texas
    hmm thats a good idea. i haven't done much fiddling with replacing bass parts past changing pickups. could be fun i guess!

6. Don't expect the "walnut" on the Squier to look or feel anything like the 70's version. It's a satin finish that completely opaques the ugly Agathis, if I recall correctly.

7. Fender stains their products??:smug: