Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The order of me pedals??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Theexploitbass, Jun 27, 2005.

1. I have just bought a Hartke Bass Attack pedal (its wonderfull, goes lovely with me Spector) anywho, not sure what order to put me pedals now, ill list what i have

Hartke Bass Attack
    Marshall Compressor
    Boss ODB-3
    Danelector Phaser (mini)
    Boss Tremelo TR-2
    Boss wah AW-3

Before the hartke arrived i had it as follows

AW-3>>>TR-2>>>Phaser>>>ODB-3>>>Compressor

this worked well because the wah reacts to how hard i picked so that being first worked best, the phaser and tremelo i didnt really think about just popped them in the overdrive i didnt really think about either the compressor at the end was logical to effect the output signal.

Now im just not sure, since getting the Hartke ive been putting more thought into the order, Ive tried changing it around but my little practice amp is ****e so hearing much difference is difficult. Just wondered what your thoughts were on getting the most from all my pedals??

2. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have my wah in front .

Auto Wah (BSW)>>>OD(Bass Driver)>>> Delay (Digi Delay [yeah I'm a Digitech whore])>>> Chorus (CEB3)

I would think that a compressor goes in front of all the effects so you have a overall smoothed signal to begin with. Compressing a delay or chorus output will kill those ripply effects I would think. Same with a phaser probably.

3. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Do you have an effects loop in the amp? If you do, I've found that seperating types of effects gives me the best sound. Your mileage may vary.

In my board, I put input level dependent effects straight into the input of my amp. So it goes, Bass>>Volume pedal>>Wah>>Overdrive>>amp input.

Into the effects loop goes, Flanger>>Chorus>>Delay.

Not sure where to put your compressor. I use the compressor in my head (Trace AH300SMX), and to be honest, I have no idea where it shows up in the signal chain.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Keep the order the way you had it but put the hartke last so all your effects can be sent out of the DI in it.