Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the orffyreus wheel

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by sloppysubs, Aug 11, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    michael,
    ive had the new CD for some time but have been traveling quite a bit. today was the first day i actually got to listen to it straight through. i love it. however, on this particular track how did you play and use the ebow at the same time. seems so...unreal, but youve obviously done it. thanks again.

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Keith. I’ve developed a little technique where I can hold the Ebow with just my fingers leaving my thumb to play notes on other strings. It’s a little tricky, but it’ nice to be able to play a little bit of polyphony with the Ebow.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    no kidding. ive been trying to think of ways to do that myself. what fingers do you hold it with? ive tried using my index, middle and ring to 'cradle' it leaving both my pinkie and thumb free. but its nto a great way of doing it and quite sloppy. thanks

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    I sort of curl my middle two fingers around the Ebow to hold it against my palm. It's a little hard to explain, but it gets the job done!