1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Original Acid Jazz?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Pauly 4001, Feb 17, 2021.

1. This piece was actually pretty influential to me as a 6 year old kid more for the bass and drums which were handled by Chuck Berghofer and Shelly Manne respectively. It had a cool "beatnik" improvised feel behind the narration that I, my brothers and sister grooved along to.
    The album won a grammy in 1966 for the narrator Marvin Miller who was the voice of Robby The Robot in Forbidden Planet and Chuck Berghofer was the upright bassist on "These Boots" by Nancy Sinatra and bass on the "Barney Miller Theme" and "Night Court" and the drummer Shelly Manne did tons of movies, tv themes recordings and was at the center of the west coast jazz scene in the 50s, 60s and 70s.
    Did anyone else grow up with this and did it make any impact on you?

JimK likes this.
  2. I never heard of this particular one, but I'm pretty sure I got into jazz from watching Charlie Brown specials as a kid. I had a little reel-to-reel tape recorder that my dad bought me and I would tape the microphone to the television speaker and record them so I could hear them anytime I wanted to.

Pauly 4001 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021