1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Orville Season 3 is moving to Hulu

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OldDog52, Nov 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I don’t like it. No sir, not at all. It bothers me on several levels and only one of them is related to the show no longer being “free”. :rollno: :poop:

The Orville Season 3: Why Moving To Hulu Is Great For Seth McFarlane's Show

The Orville went out with a bang in Season 2, and just when fans were getting antsy about whether or not Fox would renew it for Season 3, some interesting Orville news surfaced. Fox opted not to order up for Season 3, but it would be headed on over to Hulu to resume its story of Captain Ed Mercer and the rest of the Orville crew

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I'm not sure what your problem is, other than the fact it is no longer free. Consider getting Hulu. We use it for streaming. Not only live tv, but a great catalog of shows and movies (yesterday I saw the Wrecking Crew movie).

As more and more people move to free tv services, more and more shows are doing this. Anything free is worth what you pay for it.

3. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    An unfettered-by-network rules Seth MacFarlane Star Trek is likely to go places that I would prefer Star Trek not go. Just like ST: Discovery.

As far as paying for yet another streaming service just so I can watch this show, well that’s probably not happening. I will be watching the Picard show on CBS All Access. That I’m willing to pay a little for.

4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I would imagine Hulu has fewer network rules than Fox. Trust me - it's an everything goes attitude.

5. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    That’s *exactly* what I’m referring to.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  6. So glad I just started using Hulu. It will cost half as much as Amazon Prime, & having the Orville is a good bonus!

7. I wonder if it's quirky enough the NZ pay streamers won't pay more than free TV. The really good stuff only gets two seasons here until it gets snaffled. I am betting no TinStar ser3 for me.

8. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    Already have Amazon and Netflix. Now I gotta get Hulu as well? Still cheaper than cable I guess.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Keep an eye out around Black Friday for the Hulu .99 cents a month for one year deal.

-Mike

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  10. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Not sure how one compares the price of Amazon Prime with Hulu, given that you potentially get much more than just TV with Prime.

11. grimjim

grimjim

Jan 26, 2014
    Chicago, Illinois
    Endorsing artist;DNA Amplification, GHS strings
    Not comparing price. Just that now I need to pay for another streaming service.

12. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Sorry, I meant that for @Killed_by_Death. I'm with you on not wanting more streaming services.

grimjim likes this.
  13. I find most of the content on Amazon not worth my time. Hulu suits me & I want One subscriber fee.

14. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    Well if you're not interested in Prime's other benefits like music, occasional bargains on stuff with free shipping, etc., then yes Prime is more expensive than Hulu.

EDIT: Of course if they don't have the streaming content you want, that's a different issue from price. I was just pointing out it's hard to compare prices between Prime and other streaming services since Prime includes more than streaming.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  15. I don't buy a lot from them & didn't use their music service for the same reason I can't find good streaming content
    However, if I had known Amazon was offering $40 off on a 1-year Prime subscription for veterans, I would have renewed before switching to Hulu.

reviewing my purchases, they all would have had free shipping regardless of subscription
    You don't need to subscribe to get free shipping.

Seasons 1 & 2 are available for viewing on Hulu & I will watch all the old episodes prior to Season 3:

upload_2019-11-12_11-12-12.

OldDog52 likes this.
  16. OldDog52

Jan 1, 2011
    I might end up caving and getting Hulu for The Orville. Right now I’m not sure.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  17. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I am about to get Hulu for Blue Bloods. I watched most of it on Netflix and then they ditched with a season or two to go...(for me). Stinks

18. That's encouraging for me as we got Blue Bloods on free to air

FunkHead likes this.