1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(The other way around) I expected worst from this bass/brand thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simongpaez, Feb 28, 2008.

1. simongpaez

simongpaez Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2005
    The Woodlands , Texas
    So we have expected more from a bass thread , but what about I expect less. For me my new sterling, I had one like 5 years ago and didn't like it that much, Fell in love with the looks on this one and BBAAAAAMMMM!!! A killer bass, looks , tone , playability and price, this is growing on me badly , I really love this bass.

sterlinghs01.

stl1.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    I gotta say, for all the crap Gibson owned Tobias gets, the Growler really kicks butt IMHO. The one I played had a nordie pickup in it, but I've heard stock ones that just destroy in a mix.

Though I'm not a big fan, Peavey makes a great instrument. The Cirrus and USA models are top notch as well as the first bass I had was a milestone that still sounds good.

Good positive thread!

3. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Last summer I bought a Cort Artisan C from a second hand guitar shop; it was dirt cheap, but at the time I was not familiar with the brand so I bought it just for the looks (it's an all black bass). Much to my surprise, it soon became my favourite bass! It has a very growly tone, powerful, great comfortable neck and overall it shows the same quality you'd expect from basses way more expensive. It was a great little discovery :)

4. Recently I've learned that my Hohner JJ Pro Jazz & my Hohner B Bass V (neck through) were made in the Cort factory.

I can't fault the construction of either (although the licensed EMGs could be better...)

5. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    I played this one really well set-up Squier Jazz that blew me away. Must have just been one of the good ones.

6. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    I bought an Epiphone El Segundo acoustic/electric last year - was just looking for a cheap acoustic to bang around the house with. I think they run about $250 bucks....but the thing looks and plays much better than I would ever expect. I played for it for about five minutes in the store before I was sold on it. One of the best values I've ever gotten out of a guitar!

7. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here is an underrated bass that gets no love. This bass is very punchy and the frets were perfect upon arrival. I do think that the actual Duncans sound better than the "Duncan Designed" PU's. More output and clarity

DSC01138.

8. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    appart from the nasty looking headstock on this thing, when I have the money, I am going to be Warmothing a bass very close to this one... come on lottery...

9. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    Lakland 44-02. I paid a lot more for my Lull. They're both great but I can't decide which one I like better. The 44-02 has a much better sound than my Cirrus. They somehow managed to get a satin finished neck just as fast too.

10. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    MIK Squier Jazz. I don't care much for the new ones, but this one plays great and looks right; for the price it'd be hard to beat. If I can get my Squier PJ up to par as well I'll prolly sell my '81 P.

11. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Cirrus.

12. SERPENT865

SERPENT865

Jan 1, 2007
    Wichita , KS
    Had to have been a Peavey