Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Patent Clerks

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Superdave, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    So, this is this new band I'm in; we just had a CD release show last Friday and I'm looking to see what you cats think. We're sort of an indie rock thing, maybe Weezer mixed with Radiohead...? Anyways here's a link to a few songs: http://www.thepatentclerks.com/noise.htm

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Some interesting tunes there! While the ending of the last track went schizo a bit too often for my tastes, it was a beautiful song. Maybe it's just me, but on Escape Obsolesence, the pronounced D#s you hit on your bass sound pretty out of tune/out of proper intonation on the opening part. Cool mix of genres though- the first track sounds like Jeff Buckley, the second sample like Weezer, and the last like Radiohead.

3. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm actually not even on this album, that's the guitarist playing bass, which might explain, hah.