Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The path to my Uber distortion/booster and overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowmid, Feb 21, 2006.

1. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Hello there, afeter experimenting with my vintage guv'nor I came to the idea of creating my own, I customized my guv'nor alot (2 channels, one clean, one dirty, both for more dirt).

So I came down to several conclusions: EQ has to be more than a tone knob for me and has to be active .

I really like the fact to be able to mix some of the clean signal, not to bring the bass back but to bring a strong fundamental to hold down the groove so the distortion only hits harmonics

finally My custom Distortion is a mixture of basstyras clean loop+ potentia boost+guv'nor clipping stage+active band EQ

the real personnal touch will be the fact that It will have an overdrive booster and a clean boost with the OD boost inside the clean loop and the clean boost outside of it

I'm starting to design the PCB, I still need to find out some components values

If you have reactions and ideas why not put them up???

ps: for looks , imagine a broader fulltone 69 type look ( with two switches red with creme buttons)