1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The path to my Uber distortion/booster and overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lowmid, Feb 21, 2006.

1. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Hello there, afeter experimenting with my vintage guv'nor I came to the idea of creating my own, I customized my guv'nor alot (2 channels, one clean, one dirty, both for more dirt).

So I came down to several conclusions: EQ has to be more than a tone knob for me and has to be active .

I really like the fact to be able to mix some of the clean signal, not to bring the bass back but to bring a strong fundamental to hold down the groove so the distortion only hits harmonics

finally My custom Distortion is a mixture of basstyras clean loop+ potentia boost+guv'nor clipping stage+active band EQ

the real personnal touch will be the fact that It will have an overdrive booster and a clean boost with the OD boost inside the clean loop and the clean boost outside of it

I'm starting to design the PCB, I still need to find out some components values

If you have reactions and ideas why not put them up???

ps: for looks , imagine a broader fulltone 69 type look ( with two switches red with creme buttons)