Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Peavey 215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThePaste, May 27, 2001.

1. Well, I went to a concert and was chatting with the bassist for Plug Spark Sanjay, and he had a Peavey 215. He said he replaced the speakers with a different brand (Eminence or something). His tone was really good, out of a SWR 350 and the 215, but when I looked for the cabinet in Peaveys catalouge, it didn't have it under bass amps. The only 215 I saw was a DTH or something like that. Is that a bass cab or a PA cab?

2. Does anyone know of ANY Peavey 215s?

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Peavey, to the best of my knowledge, does not make a 2x15 bass cab anymore. I think they dropped that a couple of years ago.

The cabinet that you saw on their website is a PA cab, and probably won't work that good for a bass guitar cab. The frequency range isn't where it needs to be for a bass cab.

You can still find used ones, however. If you would be planning to replace the drivers anyway, used might be just as good a choice as new. I have seen them going on EBay quite reasonable. The only problem is a lot of people don't want to mess with shipping something that big, and if they will, it's gonna cost ya.

Ryan

4. I did a quick search, and this place has some. Check it out, then do a search for Peavey. I found like 3.

http://www.musicgoround.com

Chris

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Peavey only makes PA cabs with 2x15"'s.
    Although... I wish someone would make a 2x15 sub cab...

Peavey most likely made something with 2x15"'s back a few years ago... But I doubt anything recently.

Hope that helps, later.

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I like it... It's pretty darn light. It did not have the stock peavey speakers when I got it... so I replaced the cheap speakers in it with some better (but still cheap) speakers and I am very happy with it.