The Perfect Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Don't_Fret, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Not sure if this has been done already, but has anyone found their "perfect" bass? One that you will always hang on to, and has all the characteristics you look for in a bass? If not, what would like to change about your current one(s)? Do you think it is even possible to find the perfect bass?

Personally I have owned a number of basses, but I've never had one that always made me happy. Some of my basses have great sound, but not the best playability, or their tone has gone stale to my ears. I'm looking to replace my larger group for a select few fantastic ones or, ideally, just one perfect one.
  2. Adumb

Apr 27, 2004
    Concord, NC
  3. Yes, I've found my perfect bass, wouldn't change a thing about it.

4. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I find tons of perfect basses. But, there's no bass that I've ever found that was so perfect that it was perfect.;)
  5. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Out of the basses I've played,my Cirrus is perfect to me. -Luke
  6. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have a bass i'd call perfect, but i can't call it the "one" there're far too many situations that call for a specific sounds or look and no one bass could possibly do that. Unless of course your perfect bass is a vintage jazz, and then you need to give it to me so that i can have two perfect basses.
  7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Perfect isn't possible for me. I like variety too much. No bass can 'do it all'.
  8. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I disagree,my Cirrus has produced every tone I've tried to achieve out of it. Within reason of course. I'm not going to be able to make an 18 volt active bass sound like a passive Ric. -Luke
  9. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Yes. The Yamaha John Patitucci Signature 6. Nothing has come even close.

10. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    and my overall playing, my kubicki is the perfect bass. only thing i would change is maybe make it so im not so lazy so i can diddle around till i get some really! sick tones. and maybe some new strings haha.

*adds new strings to list* ;)
  11. whichever one I'm playing when I'm locked into a really tight, greasy groove.
  12. KUBICKI, nothing more, nothing less.....

if there was anything i could do to them, it would be have more of them and also get a few pamelinas (custom paint jobs) like one with homer simpson on the front laying on the couch in his undies, or one that says "beer good"

but my kubicki wish list comprises of:
    another fretted ex facor 4
    fretless ex factor 4
    factor 4
    factor 4 fretless
    factor 5
    and just for nostalgia a key factor 4
  13. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    would have all the effects/tones in the world and would be connected to your brian so telicaneticly you would tell the bass how it should sound. and it would be a kubicki. hahaha :D
  14. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I am buying the "PERFECT BASS" right now... its a Peavey Cirrus 6 String. I can get ALL the sounds I would ever want out of it. The ONLY thing I would want for it is the Morley Wah pedal...

Good Times.
  15. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    This one:

And this one:

Although I don't actually have it yet.. ;)
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Perfect for me varies. Highly. I might not be able to fine one perfect bass, but I could deal with several (like 3-4) basses to get me through.
  17. Rick's are my Holy Grail. I love the feel and the sound and the looks...i love it all :D
  18. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Nope, there is not one bass, that singlehandeldy would fulfill my intentions tonewise. Or in any aestetic value, for that matter.
    The BassLab STD is pretty close, ergonomically, but even that has a bit left to perfection.
  19. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    My G&L LB100-- it does everything I need. Since I've had it, I just don't seem to play anything else. What a great bass!
  20. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Perfect (to me) =

:smug: Covers most basses :bassist:

(though I think a mahogany/wenge/ebony fretless Vortex 6 with a pair of Dual coils will round it out nicely)