Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the perfect idea to mod a MIA P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xcental34x, Dec 24, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Its official. I can't take it any longer. I want a used Fender MIA P-bass to mod...right now! Natural finish, Rosewood board. I'd first add a Raven Labs Preamp, then Bartolini pickups. Next I'd change the pickguard to a black pearl, and the bridge to a Leo Quan BA. And for god measure, a Chrome Pickup Cover just because I've been digging the feel of them on Marcus Millers and it wouldn't get in the way of my picking. Gah. I need one now.

~Patrick

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I have the exact bass you want but Im not giving it up! :eek: :D Sorry! :bassist:

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well, I don't have any money right now anyways. But do you have any pics I could see?

~Patrick

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    No... I havent taken any pix of my gear yet mostly due to laziness. Fender did a great job of matching the pieces of ash for the body. Its a really nice looking bass. I got this one at Guitar Center this past summer for about $750. I bet you can find one for cheaper if you look around. I like your mod ideas except for the pickgaurd! :eek: :D

5. You're going to put a chrome cover over Bartolini pickups ? :eek:

Blasphemy :spit:

;)

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I've seen it with the pickguard and it looks amazing. Ian Grushka from New Found Glory played one on Conan O'brien about two years ago...but I'd have to by the MIA used because get this...FENDER DISCONTINUED THE NATURAL FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:spit:

7. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey

YEAH! Those Bastards!
    I wanted (and still want) an American Jazz in natural with Maple fretboard.

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Makes perfect sense. They are just too lazy to sort the wood to find decent wood to use for a natural finish bass. :(

9. thats not true because they get the decent looking for wood for that trans orange/red colour they have. I'd imagine that would be ok for natural.