Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

the pod xt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cliff is god., Apr 3, 2004.

1. cliff is god.

cliff is god.

Apr 28, 2003
    Im looking into possably buying the pod so I can change my sound a lot, I love effects,and I love having many options,but one hting I noticied while listening to sound clips is that there is a drum in the back round,does it come with a drum mach8ine built into it too? If it does is it easy to figrue out and use? And how does it sound? I want a drum machine to practice weith a drummer because its hard for me to hook up with one in my location and the lack of drummers here,so if I could kill two birds with one stone by getting the effects iwant and the drum machine that be great. thanks for yer time and help

2. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I doubt that the bass pod has drum machine. check the website www.line6.com

3. cliff is god.

cliff is god.

Apr 28, 2003
    shouldnt this be in effects.....I htink I screwed up

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    well, pods are generally PREamps so I suppose amps is o.k. for some people it is an effects box though...

5. It is my understanding that the Pod XT is a "new and improved" version of the Pod PRO which I have. Mine doesnot nor does any of the lit. for the XT make any mention of a drum machine. What the PODs do best is allow you to simulate different amps and cabinets. Like for instance, An SVT (rock classic) with a Eden 4x10 cabinet. Some of the amp models are pretty good, imo, and some need some work. Some of the other features are compression, 2 different chorus, flanger, tron up and down, bass synth, a built in tuner, and several overdrive type sounds. When you record with it from the "model out" it also simulates the way a cab sounds when it is miked instead of DI. I have a lot of fun with mine in my little studio but when I use it live I pretty much set it on "TUBE PREAMP", dial up a good sound and forget about it. I do think, however, that there are floor units made by Boss and others that have built in drum machines and even more effects that might be more of what you are looking for. Good luck.............and................