Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Police

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Jan 24, 2004.

1. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Hey, I just heard that The Police got back together for like 3 songs on some MTV award show or something. Can anyone confirm this, and could anyone refer me to where I could get a copy of this? Thanks.

2. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Well, that's pretty cool, but I'm afraid I can't help you at all. It's good news to me.:)

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I've been checking out VH-1's '80s Bands Reunited(am I the only yutz here watchin'?).
    So far, I've seen Berlin, Romeo Void, A Flock Of Seagullss, & Klymaxx...Kajagoogoo comes on Monday night.
    Anyway, I wonder if VH-1 had The Police on their list? Now that woulda been interesting...
    ;)

4. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Not sure... think that could be it?

Do you know if this has been recorded at all? I'd love to get my hands on a recodring of this. I heard they did Message in a Bottle, and 2 others.

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    there is a video floating around that has them playing at Sting's wedding sometime in the last ten years. I saw it sometime in the last two years.

They are pretty wasted in it, but the spark was definitely still there.

Copeland has been openly saying that he wants to do a last tour for charity.

6. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    The Police played a 3 song set when they were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame. They played Message in a Bottle, Every Breath You Take, and Roxanne. I recall Sting said it was the most dissapointing, uninspired set they ever played.

7. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    That's kinda disappointing... on that subject, Sting's latest music is probably some of the most disappointing, uninspired music I've heard in quite a while. :rolleyes:

8. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yeah, that's pretty old I think. I thought the coolest thing by far was Stewart Copeland breaking the head of his snare.

9. Radio Kaos 64

Radio Kaos 64

Oct 15, 2003
    I'm afriad I'm going to have to disagree. Sting's latest CD happens to be my favorite album by far. "Stolen Car (Take Me Dancing)" is an excellent song.