The poor mans amp? ($70)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Satchurio, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Well, I picked up a bass guitar at the start of summer, and due to financial problems have yet to be able to pick up an amp, I have a small bit of money to put aside that I would like to put towards an amp, preferably in the 5-15watt range, just to get a bit of sound outta the bugger. ;) If anyone could direct me to a Canadian online store or a large classified like for used and/or rather poor quality/cheap amps, It would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Gorilla amps, look into those, I think they run about 65 dollars.
  3. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Is that Canadian dollars or USD? If its USD you might be able to find something, but if thats CDN your better off just waiting.
  4. Pure canuck dollar, lets be reasonable, 70 dollars US and i'd be able to buy a small portion of the country!
  5. Save up and buy something that is loud enough to jam with drums used. Doesn't have to be fancy, doesn't need to be huge. But investing a couple hundred bucks saves you the upgrade in a couple of months when you say to yourself "I can't believe I wasted 70 bucks on that", plus buying used you can pretty much get whatever you pay for it or even more back if you decide not to stick with it.
  6. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    I super double-triple apologize if I'm being annoying or argumentative but, I think that's backwards. One Canadian dollar buys appx. 85 cents.

In other words, $1.00 US equals $1.17 Canadian.

Your point is a good one though.
    It doesn't matter which dollar you use.

BTW, I think Peavey is a good reccomendation. Good bang for the buck...