The Post Your Band Thread

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Hey, thought it might be fun if everyone posts their band(s) and reviews each other with constructive critiscism and also good points etc. Reply with links if your interested :D

In Pain Die (sludgey death metal, influenced by Crowbar, Six Feet Under, Obituary and Benediction) - +

(aggressive metallic hardcore without the Iron Maiden rip off harmonies - Darkest Hour and Vision of Disorder being big influences) +

Have fun :D
  2. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Well, I'm not actually in a gigging band at the moment. But I have recently become involved in a Virtual Band with some guys from around the globe working on original material. It's Pop/Rock stuff that is sort of in the vein of Queen, with some ballads also thrown in (the singer started the band, so go figure. lol...). We do all our communicating and writing over the net. :eek:

It's a bit longer of a process than working with people live, but it sdoes allow you to do your parts at your convenience. :)

You can listen to some of our stuff, that are all in various stages of completion, at the Long Play link below. To get to the music, click on the "Long Play Album" link listed on the page in the upper right. Then simply click on the speaker icon next to the song you want to hear.

The stuff that's a bit more Queen-like would be "Stealth Love" (nearly complete) and "Queen of the Night" (recently started on in the last couple of weeks). The rest of songs are various ballads.

Long Play

Have Fun! :bassist:
  3. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Good stuff there, guys!!

Check out my band Centralia-

We have tons of different influences, but we've been told we sound like none of them. I'd like to know what you guys think? How would you categorize us?

I know we're Metal, but I can't figure out how to describe ourselves without just having someone listen to us.
  4. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better. Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    My band is an odd mishmash of generally heavy and loud influences, but VERY bottom heavy. We also have some funk and psychedelic things going on.

Like I said, it's very much an exhibition of LOW END. I play Dingwall basses with the low string dropped to A, the guitarists all tune baritone with drop-A, then there's synth bass hits, didgeridoo, and our singer's speaking voice sounds a bit like a chain-smoking Barry White...

Our website is:
    and here's a link to our MySpace page where you can hear samples:

Let me know what you think!
  5. I think this is my first post with an avatar, I'm feeling really official right now. If anyone is interested, I play in a pop/rock kind of group with a bunch of buddies. We've been playing together since early high school (we're all 2 and 3 years into college), did some studio work and released an EP. Never made a move to try to get bigger, but do gig all around southern and mid-wisconsin, mostly Milwaukee. We don't make it a huge time commitment but we have a lot of fun with it.
  6. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Well, I've listened to everyone's stuff that posted to this point. There's some pretty heavy stuff there. lol I should preface this by saying I'm not very up on the Metal scene and the influences out there. I listen more to Prog, Fusion, Classic Rock & Jazz than anything else (though it's not necessarily what I play. lol...).

In Pain Die - Quite possibly the heaviest music I've ever heard. This stuff flat out wants you to take the guy next to you and rip his heart out and eat it right there. Damn!

Machiavellian - Same bassist as In Pain Die and nearly as heavy, but not quite. I liked Shanghai 20.

Centralia - Another flat out heavy metal band, but perhaps a bit more melodic than the others I listen to here so far. Good stuff!

Brain Pain - Probably the next heaviest band I heard here after In Pain Die. Though their influences seem different to my non-metal trained ears. As with the other bands listed above, I'm sure those who are into metal more than I, would love this stuff.

I'll have to play all of these for my nephew and get his opinion also, as I think I'm just a little too old to truly appreciate this stuff. But they are all very well done! ;)

Twitch Kids - These guys sound to me sort of like a cross between the Kinks and the Clash, but heavier. Interesting use of horns in the tunes I heard also. Good stuff here also.

Unsed - Very interesting power acoustic trio. Nice melodic basslines, solid drums, strong melodies. Sort of reminds me of a acoustic project I was working on that is in hiatus. Definitely a little bit more in the styles of music I normally listen too. good stuff all around.

All in all, some very talented people above. Keep it up! The fact I posted pop/rock stuff between all that heavy stuff at the top cracks me up. lol

Looking forward to checking out some more TBer bands now. :)

Have Fun!
  7. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
  8. jacko spades

jacko spades

Jan 9, 2006
    Central FL
    This is a live recording done with garageband so it kinda sucks - especially for the poor singer... and I mess up on bass :meh: but I just made a cool new logo, so... for what it's worth...
  9. Whitmore

Aug 13, 2005

I know some of you guys won't like it for it being "emo" but whatever we write the music we like and if u like it cool if not thats alright its not everyones cup of tea.

10. thekyle

Dec 25, 2005
    Breckenridge, CO
    Here we are...YAMN!!!

The songs are from a live show in November. If anyone is ever interested in playing in Lubbock, Texas, look up Jake's Sports Cafe. The back room there holds about 300 people, and they have an awesome sound guy and PA. In fact, he did the recording straight off the sound board with very little mixing. We have some flubs, but nothing major that isn't quickly recovered from, and thanks to him, you can hear every one.
  11. Bass of Spades

Bass of Spades

Oct 20, 2002

there's a few songs up there, just an idea of what we are I guess. Oh, and the recordings aren't me on bass.
  12. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    i play at church. i guess you could call the electric guitarist, drummer, and the bassist (myself) a band, but we never gig. since we are more church related we either just jam or just practice. tis fun.
  13. ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    Well, I feel kinda akward posting this, especially basically all the post are for metal bands, but hey I'll change it up.

My band, Eclyptic is sorta a strange animal. It's sorta that 70's 80's classic rock sound, thrown into a newer vibe (can't really tell on our first EP, but on our newest stuff it really shows).

Influences... specifics. Well, as many of you guys probably know, every member of a band is influenced differently, and we all bring that to the table, and work with it.
    Guitraist- Hendrix, Harrison
    Vocals- Dylan, Lou Reed (He sounds nothing at all like them, my theory is he listens to them to boost his confidence)
    Bass- Lessard and Graham
    Drums- Beuford (of Dmb), The guy from Incubus (no clue on his name)

So as you can tell, we bring together an interesting lineup. I'd like to describe it as a "funkier" rhthym section with a more melodic vocal/guitar section. Again, you can't really tell this by any of our songs that are on our sites, but that's basically what we sound like- and btw were all sophmores.
  14. deaf pea

deaf pea

Mar 24, 2005
    Cuernavaca 1 hr S Mexico City
    Seymour Duncan/Basslines SMB-5A Endorsing Artist
    my band

click on "entrar a la página"

click on "discografia"

click on any "disco"

FWIW I play on the 4th thru the 12th CD's and the 11th is probably the best of the "live" recordings.
  15. gamera

Sep 20, 2004
    Gloucester, MA