1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club Part 10

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Ívar Þórólfsson, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    This is a continuation of this thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=680779

Contact 9mmMike for numbers :)

2. mkandolf

mkandolf

Nov 21, 2007
    Saint Clair, MI
    What is it with Michigan? Never had so many power outages before moving here. Had our 6th outage this year on Friday and power was out 8 hours!

But to not reset from earlier in the week??? Must keep a nice schedule!

3. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    In her defense...she was out of town half the week for family medical emergency. But yeah...Michigan seems to have a lot of power outage. It was out for 25 hrs around here on Wed-Thur.bc of the high winds knocking over trees.

4. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

New numbers coming tonight. I have them in the database but was waiting for this new thread. Hang tight.

5. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Samsung...Days of Elijah we use is by Robin Mark, capo sheet, myself and the drummer add a lot of rhythm to the song to beef it up ie triple sixteenth notes at end of measures, building the rhythm during transition of verses and chorus.

Thank you guys for your prayers regarding our new startup ministry! God layed this on the heart of one our men who is not a musician a week ago after a church building conference at Cornerstone church in Grand Rapids, Mi. He said he couldn't sleep until he sat down with pen and paper and wrote down exactly what God was telling him every detail of how He wants this ministry to go and the names of people God wants in the ministry. Wow! After I listened to Sam for half an hour+ I was in awe of how God is working thru Sam. Definitely Gods will with people that have been listening and waiting for God to start this ministry at the right time.

6. Mo' Bass 00

Mo' Bass 00

Aug 15, 2006
    This past Sunday...

Lift High

How He Loves

Mighty To Save

From The Inside Out

Normally five songs but it was communion Sunday!

7. Just had our Christian alternative to Halloween at my church last night. We call it "Hallelujah Night". It was a lot of fun. We played the song "Big, Big House".

8. mkandolf

mkandolf

Nov 21, 2007
    Saint Clair, MI
    Cool song I picked up on my iPod I've been listening to this morning, sounds great for a Worship Set...

"Reaching For You" by Lincoln Brewster.

Off his "Real Life" album. Song really moves and some great lyrics with it. Just a heads up for those looking for new music.

9. Whoa whoa whoa.. Are you affiliated with Cornerstone Church at all? I go there every so often! What a small world. I go to the non-associated Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids, appx. 25 mins. from Cornerstone Church.

Crazy small world my friend.

10. SoundSupport

SoundSupport

Aug 23, 2010
    subscribed.
    I know I don't say much, but I'm here - I'm the silent silent partner...

Actually guys, if you wouldn't mind, I'm studying for a year in Germany rather than Scotland, which is great, but I haven't settled on a church and I miss praising with my four-stringer, so a bit of prayer would be good. No biggie - one sentence.

Cheers and God bless, great to see so many gifted people taking their gift seriously - keep going!

Phil

11. 9mmMike

Just started playing this one at the yute meetings. Pretty cool.

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I've been playing keyboard for my church. It's been...interesting. I like it though! I can mess up and not a lot of people can tell :p

13. Versatek6

Versatek6 Fretless is like Trombone Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Twin Cities, MN
    They're not a mistakes, it's called "jazz voicings."

:bag:
    :D

14. judeix808

judeix808

Oct 2, 2010
    Hilo, HI
    Well, we'll be adding a vocalist to our team this week, bringing us up to 3 members. She's a highschool sophomore who's wanted to join us for a couple months now. I think for now, she will just be practicing with us to get comfortable and choose a few songs she can sing lead on, then bring her live in a few weeks.

Congratulations on starting Part 10! It's great reading the many posts and seeing the different song lists that we all play on any given Sunday. Definatly a blessing for me to be in this club!

To infinity and beyond!................or the march to Part 11:eyebrow:

:D

15. iamjustin

iamjustin

May 9, 2010
    Rhode Island
    i would like to say w00t for thread 10, God is awesome

we do this thing called "Trunk or Treat" and just have alot of people come in cars pop the trunk and put candy out for the little kids, we have games and apple cider and whatever else
    good times

16. Hey! I am new to the site and figured this would be a perfect first post! I am a bass player at my church, Church for all Nations in Colorado Springs. I play on the Sunday worship team, Tuesday morning prayer worship service, and i also play on Wednesday nights in our youth service. So i get to play a variety of music from gosepl to rock :)

17. drgregn

drgregn Granddude Supporting Member

May 13, 2002
    Denton, TX
    We do this too, great outreach, we get well over a thousand kids and their families coming out to this every year. I missed it last night, though (went to the World Series game and watched my team lose :mad:).

Didn't have enough players available this year, but next year we plan to get some of our musicians together and work up some fun tunes to play during the event. Anybody have any ideas for appropriate songs besides worship tunes?

18. Played this new song on Sunday and our band leader recorded the service on his iPhone. Pretty decent recording for a phone. Let me know what you think. We are still working on our live mix.

http://soundcloud.com/richgarrison/take-my-life

The actual song starts at about the middle of the clip. You can tell by where the level increases.

19. 9mmMike

Welcome to our newest members!

JebDude #819
    Rob22315 #820
    millerfreak #821
    Foxxzee #822
    bassclef216 #823

Thanks for your patience guys!

20. bassman1987

bassman1987

Dec 1, 2008
    Denver, CO
    This is about four days late, but I wanted to let you all know about a great show I saw last week and tell you to keep your eyes open if the tour rolls through your town. Tenth Avenue North headlined, opening the show were Matt Maher and Addison Road.

Addison Road was just okay; decent songs and some good players in the band, but they had some pretty bad mixing issues. There were several times when the vocals basically disappeared, which was too bad because oh my goodness that girl can sing!!

Tenth Avenue North was pretty good, they brought lots of energy to the stage and played a wide variety of older tunes and stuff from their new album. They talked way too much though, they were onstage for about an hour and a half and played maybe ten songs. I want to hear music at a concert!

Matt Maher was a total surprise; I'd never seen him before and only knew a couple of his songs, but he completely stole the show. Only a four-piece band, but they were all really talented players. Especially the lead guitarist, he played some mean slide on a couple tunes and got an unbelievably sweet tone from his Les Paul. Plus, they did "Hold Us Together", which IMHO is the best popular Christian song to come out in the last couple years.

Overall a great show, they were only charging like 11 bucks for general admission here in Denver and it was definitely worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.