1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ninjaaron

ninjaaron

Sep 26, 2014
    Ooooh man. Love it.

mtb777 and deepender like this.
  2. A priest, a rabbi, and a horse walk into a bar. Barkeep says, “What is this, a joke??”

3. BHaev

BHaev

Aug 1, 2017
    I like the Cobolts - a little bright at first, but what string isn’t.

4. JoshC

JoshC

Nov 19, 2006
    Lancaster, PA
    I'm in love with the low B on Dunlop Super Brights. They sound spectacular on my Bongo 5.

5. kevk

kevk Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Napa Valley
    Backyard gtg with some friends last weekend... C584A226-5A7B-4052-81F1-11E21476784C. 6A7DDE6F-32C9-4CD9-8806-13C620CC32BD.
    Rob Allen Custom Deep 5 [e~c 34” LaBella tapes] • Bergantino B|Amp + HG410 [rear firing driver provides a 3D-type effect, when placed close to a back wall]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
  7. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Rob and Jim both make excellent, top of the line products. Beautiful and functional. I miss my Rob Allen Mouse 30 fretless. One of only a couple basses I really wish I had back. Loved my old HT112 cab back in the day as well.

8. Rayjay

Rayjay

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    Here's a good one from the sermon 2 weeks ago.

An atheist was walking in the forest. As he was pondering the natural beauty, he suddenly saw a huge bear charging right at him!! His first reaction was to pray to Lord Jesus for help. Suddenly to his utter amazement, time froze and Jesus appeared!

Jesus said, "you've spend your whole life declaring me a fraud. Why should I give you mercy now?"

The man pondered, say said "you're right, it would be hypocritical of me to call on you now....Lord, could you just make the bear a Christian?"

His wish is granted as time resumes and Jesus vanishes .The bear, in mid charge, suddenly stopped. He looked at his surroundings, and he got on the ground to pray! He said....

"Oh Lord Jesus, please bless this delicious food I'm about to receive...."

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    FunkSheep08, mtb777, BHaev and 11 others like this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    I understand Poplar, like agathis and basswood, ding easier and are more likely to strip screw threads and such. I could be wrong about that.

10. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::thumbsup::thumbsup::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

11. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Central NJ
    A Pony walks into a bar, says to the bartender; I'd like three shots of cough syrup.

Cough syrup? the bartender says....

Yes, says the pony....
    I'm a little hoarse

12. jefff100

jefff100 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Central NJ
    Koala bear walks into a bar, orders a burger and a beer. Devours the burger and slams down the beer.
    Wiping his furry face with the back of one paw he pulls a Colt 1911 from his pouch, shoots out half the lights in the bar and all the glass mirrors.
    Amidst the calamity he holsters the pistol and calmy walks out.

A week later the Koala returns to the same bar. The bartender hollers at him - GET OUT ! The last time you were here you nearly killed people with that stunt.

The bear says: I'm a Koala Bear, its what I do. Not being satisfied with his denial of service, the bear grabs a bar pie from a guy at the bar, woofs it down.
    He then proceeds to pull the pistol and takes out the remaining lights in the bar.

Turning to leave he says to the barkeep, Remember - I'm a Koala, look it up.

Puzzled by this cryptic talking bear the bartender pulls a dog eared copy of Webster's from behind the bar and looks up Koala Bear, and finds a photo with the description: "Eats shoots and leaves".

FunkSheep08, mtb777, OCDave and 7 others like this.
  13. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    No, you're not wrong.

14. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Sarah Jessica Parker walks into a bar. The bartender says "why the long face?"

FunkSheep08, mtb777, OCDave and 7 others like this.
  15. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Lexington, SC
    A guy walks into a zoo, but it only has one animal; a dog. It's a Shih Tzu...

FunkSheep08, mtb777, Dec1975 and 6 others like this.
  16. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Groan! :whistle:

mtb777, ninjaaron and deepender like this.
  17. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    IMG_0496.JPG

18. Rudyboy98

Rudyboy98

Jan 25, 2008
    South Bay, CA
    I use Dunlops on my bass..they feel and sound great.

mtb777, ninjaaron, JoshC and 2 others like this.
  19. the slug

the slug man, why the long face Supporting Member

May 21, 2014
    watch it......

mtb777, ninjaaron, deepender and 2 others like this.
  20. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    LOL, nice avatar/comment synergy