1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I noticed that we have some new contributors to the thread. :thumbsup:
    • Newbie?
    • Lurker?
    • Sometimes visitor?
    Are you interested in joining the Praise & Worship Bassists Club?

We'd be happy to welcome you!

Please put in your post if you want a number or not. Without it, I may not realize you want a number.
    Thanks Dave

mtb777 and TrevorR like this.
  2. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Funny, I have spent the whole morning looking in BnB air for a good deal in Florida, we are planning to spend the spring breake there (1 April-7) I was thinking Miami, any other place you could recommend?

mtb777 likes this.
  3. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Sure, I'll take a number. I'm an old TB'er that's recently back to the site and new to playing in church.

Jhengsman, mtb777, reddavid and 5 others like this.
  4. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    If you just want to sit on the beach for a week, the panhandle area around Pensacola is fantastic. That also extends into Alabama--basically anywhere from Gulf Shores, AL to Panama City Beach, FL is great. Orlando is cool for Disney and golf, but no beach. I've never been to Tampa but that might be another way to mix big city and beaches if you don't want Miami.

mtb777 likes this.
  5. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Welcome! Your P&W number is 1517

Tell us a little more about yourself, worship team, etc.

ghostinthemach likes this.
  6. Jehos

Jehos Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    DFW, TX
    Woo hoo, I'm all official!

I'm 40 this year, been playing bass for 25+ years, and started playing in church last year. Our service is super casual but growing very fast. The worship team is cobbled together from the congregation under a young woman who is one of the best disciples and ministers I've ever met. Her primary instrument is drums, but she sings and plays acoustic guitar in service. None of us are professional musicians and you can tell, but what we do fits into the style of worship pretty darn well. Our worship service is the new contemporary worship service in a 90 year old downtown traditional church. So we're not the only thing happening at our church on Sunday, we're just the newest thing. The traditional worship service is super traditional, with an amazing choir, a working pipe organ, etc.

7. Px2

Px2

Mar 6, 2012
    Post Falls, Idaho
    Dave, I'll take a number. Just started following this thread a couple weeks back.
    PJ

mtb777, reddavid, Rayjay and 2 others like this.
  8. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I have 2 sets and have used them in a miriad of settings from coffee-house to large pro stage and have never experienced RF interference. But! They are not recommended for use with pre-amped instruments. This causes an audible carrier frequency noise that prohibits use but not on all my pre-amped basses, just most.

mtb777 and Eric_71 like this.
  9. TwinDad

TwinDad

May 18, 2017
    Kentucky
    Good thing I'm all-passive. Sounds like they might be worth trying out at least. Thanks for the info!

mtb777 likes this.
  10. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome! You are P&W Club member #1518 :)

Your turn to tell us about you and your situation.

mtb777 likes this.
  11. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I have thought about wireless but I don't move around much and have a guy that makes me great cables to make my wired IEM set up work great...and I save a lot of money as wireless can get expensive. One less thing to worry about as I seem to be going back to as simple a rig as possible. Active bass is my only real "downfall" these days. Passive DI, wired IEM's, no effects.

ghostinthemach likes this.
  12. ghostinthemach

ghostinthemach Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Brea CA
    I can agree with the less is more philosophy. I started out far more complex seeking ‘quality and reliability’ for the broadcast (webcast)
    environment.

Eventually I decided that gear took to much time to move/assemble/dis-assemble so I’ve morphed to my current setup. It also addresses nicely the lack of definition that troubled me.

The wireless first came along as a means of hearing my gear in the room, but now is mostly a means of reducing cables underfoot, a pet peeve. Even the wireless and tuner have been reduced to the smallest and simplest form-factor I could find.

mtb777 likes this.
  13. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Thanks, let me check those places. We just want to relax and do nothing. A small town with a nice beach and pretty downtown would be perfect.

mtb777 likes this.
  14. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Give me a weather report in mid August.

mtb777 likes this.
  15. 2strings2frets

2strings2frets Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Praise the Lord that you have two services,many churches are down to a handful on Sunday that used to have two or three hundred. Many have no midweek at all.

16. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I’m starting to build my first pedal board and want opinions on a really good Conoressor pedal that is easy to use and sounds good.

mtb777, deepender and Alan Ace Cooper like this.
  17. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Bass
    FEA Labs DB-CL

Noble Cali76CB ST-300.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Wfrance3, mtb777 and deepender like this.
  18. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    I have owned the EBS MultiComp and TC Electronic SpectraComp multiple times. I am just getting rid of this...Which is possibly the best compressor I’ve ever used, besides the ones built into my Trace Elliot SMX amps.
    Moving this to make more space on my board for a Sadowsky pedal. My 6th SpectraComp arrived in the mail today! LOL! I like being able to change the settings via beaming in the signal.

For Sale - RMI Lehle Basswitch Dual Band Compressor Pedal

FunWithBass and deepender like this.
  19. steve_rolfeca

steve_rolfeca Supporting Member

Doesn’t get any easier than the Diamond BCP.

Built like a tank. Very high circuit and build quality and an included 18v supply provide terrific, noiseless audio quality. One of those “always on” pedals that simply makes everything sound better.

Attack and release aren’t adjustable, yet somehow it works for everything I throw at it, including upright, AGB, new and old school electric, even guitar on occasion.

Just three knobs:

Tone control with a frequency switch that works nicely for fretted or fretless.

Compression goes from almost nothing to a heavy squash.

Volume has enough headroom to work as a gorgeous clean boost, in addition to balancing levels.

20. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    I need the Dual Band option. Being able to tone down my thumps and slaps on the lowend, but able to let my chords, triads and pops shine thru on the top end, is like butter and syrup on a half stack of pancakes to me :)

I forgot about the Diamond comp that @steve_rolfeca mentioned.

I didn’t have much success with the Aguilar compressor. I need it to just “Do Its Thang”, but I always felt the need to adjust the Aggie, when switching from my passive Jazz Bass to an active 5 string. Me having to crouch down during a service or performance is like a federal offense to me.

mtb777 and deepender like this.