1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 3, 2013.

1. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    The Fea Labs DB-CL is Dual Band as well

mtb777 and deepender like this.
  2. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    But they’re kinda big. I thought @campbems was trying to build a small board?

mtb777, deepender and campbems like this.
  3. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I am as I’m getting my pedals first then I’m probably going with a temple audio pedal board made to the specs I need.

mtb777 and deepender like this.
  4. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    The FEA is about 1-1/2 times an average pedal in width, normal height. Smaller than a large.

853CE88F-3F3C-4E58-A7B9-29F97D14CEF0.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Rayjay, mtb777, campbems and 2 others like this.
  5. Px2

Px2

Mar 6, 2012
    Post Falls, Idaho
    Thanks! I play cello and bass guitar and have played in church since I was a little kid (both my parents were music teachers and got me started early). I'm passionate about bass and I love to play for the Lord!
    PJ

6. Eric_71

Eric_71

Jul 22, 2011
    MSP
    I agree. I'm a fan.

Rayjay, mtb777 and deepender like this.
  7. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    My OCD nature doesn’t allow me to turn my pedals sideways like that!! LOL

dweezle6239, Rayjay, TrevorR and 4 others like this.
  8. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    @ExaltBass Tell’em this is a bad move! Hahahaha!! Something always changes with the board or you. I’ve had stuff that worked great with my 4 strings, but my 18 volt Devon’s would overdrive them. I had the old EBS Chorus, got the newer, “True Bypass” version, but ended up going back to the older version. Preamp pedals... too many to write about. Compressors.. You never know which is “The One”, until you have had every bass go thru them in every situation. Which is why I don’t have an Aggie TLC. Had the Aggie Chorus and Phaser, fine for church, Rock gigs, not the same. I’d do a temp board first, or something like a Pedaltrain Metro 16, then make sure which pedals will stay or go, after a few gigs or services with them.

9. John DuMont

John DuMont

Jan 2, 2019
    Northern NJ
    You should look at the TC Electronics Spectracomp. It's an excellent multiband compressor, small and only a single adjustment (although it can be tweaked via an android app or pc connection).

BassBH, mtb777, deepender and 2 others like this.
  10. Alan Ace Cooper

Jan 6, 2004
    I’m probably on my 5th one. #5 arrived today. Ive only gotten rid of them to try something “better” but always go back. Its easily one of the quietest comp around!

11. I like my MXR Bass Compressor M87. It is a little more involved but I like what I does.

12. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I use the Firefly right now for my DI to the Church PA's I play at but have heard great things about that Noble. Have you ever played through the Firefly? Wondering how they compare. I've also owned the Reddi and liked it tonally but no the size.

13. reddavid

reddavid Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Wayne, PA
    Another vote for FEA. DE-CL. Comp/Limiter.

14. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I haven’t tried the Firefly, but I have the Reddi and Avalon. I preferred the Noble’s magic.

On custom pedalboards... I would say don’t. Something always changes, and it is good to have options. That’s why I have two sizes of Pedaltrains (Metro 20 and 24) and a custom $$ Pedal Pad which hasn’t been used for almost a year. I like the added depth on the Metro series, and that a Cioks DC-5 fits underneath.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Rayjay, mtb777, JLY and 3 others like this.
  15. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    On my third one, well sort of. I have a SpectraDrive, but the main reason I went with that as my preamp was the addition of the SpectraComp. I’m a compression geek, and I reall like this one!

Rayjay, BassBH, ExaltBass and 2 others like this.
  16. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Welcome aboard and wow - love cello! :) I used to spend a lot of time listening to ELO and was blessed to see them live twice. Mick Kaminski was always a treat to watch as well as listen to. :cool:

deepender, TrevorR, mtb777 and 2 others like this.
  17. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Thank God for keeping Chris Tomlin on earth (he nearly died young). I'm studying/absorbing/playing with "Resurrection Power". Excellent praise and more musically interesting than most. I like what the bassist (Sean Hurley?) does with it.
    On the subject of playing bass in church - please join in prayer with me, my worship leader, and our congregation for our new drummer to join us. Thanks to you and our Lord. :)

18. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Miami Beach or Fort Lauderdale Beach or up to Boca Raton. FYI. From South Miami to West Palm Beach there are 3 Same Ashes and 5 Guitar Centers and several other music stores (if your into that :bassist::hyper:). Depends

deepender, Rayjay and ExaltBass like this.
  19. yobtaf

yobtaf Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2012
    apple valley
    So I just sat and played for couple hours. I had my VTDI Deluxe, BDDI 3 channel programmable, and a Tone Hammer DI. I think I am leaning towards the TH. This is just day one. I like that it doesnt color it much, no cab sim, but I can dial in a lot of tones I was getting with the VTDI. I have a Pork Loin coming to try as a light OD.

deepender, Rayjay and ExaltBass like this.
  20. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    I’d agree as I have one built into my RH450 amp head and they are great but I’m mostly ampless at church (except playing the occasional outside gig or a new venue). MXR M87 does my regular duty on my quiet stage board and it’s very versatile and tweakable. My amp rig BTW is all TC Electronics with the RH450 head and RS210 on RS212 cabs. Great vertical stack at any volume with a world class DI Out.