1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 3, 2013.

1. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    I posted the other day our 13 song Night of Worship Set List for the 22nd (and the 23rds 2 sets will be a rehash of the previous nights with a few different songs added or switched out, we shall see). We have rehearsal this Friday night for next weekend. This is this Sunday’s Set List. Btw, Just is an original written by our WL. 616A3505-8DA5-4F8A-8B1B-FB28999DB33A.

2. mtb777

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Welcome. And I love Cello as well.

deepender and ExaltBass like this.
  3. mtb777

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Anyone know anything about this WL for this song we are doing. Kinda vintage. Cool song. Great drums.

YouTube posted 2013.

4. TrevorR

TrevorR

Oct 3, 2015
    Near London, UK
    I love love love ELO! Have done since I was a kid. Fun fact... my little boy has a friend in his class whose granddad played cello in the second incarnation of ELO back in the 70s (his mum and dad are both cellists too). Then a couple of years ago another chum of mine was hired to play keys and acoustic guitar in the latest version of the band with Jeff Lynne. If you’d told the teenage me that 30+ years later I’d personally know two members of the band I’d have fainted! I would have loved to see the classic line up live!

mtb777, ExaltBass, deepender and 2 others like this.
  5. Fun Size Nick

Fun Size Nick

Feb 21, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Can't help it - saw the title and this song came into my head :laugh:

Actually, thinking of that Crowded House tune, I played 'Came to my Rescue' a few Sundays ago and I realised that the line '...I wanna be where you are' in it is an identical melody across the same chord progression...this is one of many reasons why it's a bad idea to give me an MD mic :laugh:

mtb777, ExaltBass and deepender like this.
  6. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Praying

mtb777 likes this.
  7. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Or a great idea.

mtb777 and ExaltBass like this.
  8. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I just got this beautiful piece of art in today just in time for worship band practice this evening and 2 services this weekend. The looks, build and tone is world class. I was nervous avijt the Nordie Big Rigs but used them at Devons advice and man what a tone. Easily in my top 2 pickups I’ve used and played. Best B string I’ve ever had in a bass to. The coil taps for the pickups and the individual gain control he installs for each pickup makes the output for Volume match each other when switching from series to parallel.
    76553756-2028-4792-84D1-6B031F52FB7E. 79F28834-2703-40BF-A38C-338766425B7A. E6901FA5-65CF-4362-92F2-4893F08B56DF. C4C12B84-85BE-486E-A89C-3722C4768E7D. 4AE6C29B-DC25-48DE-944A-F90DDCE9230C.

BHaev, FunWithBass, pedroims and 10 others like this.
  9. Alan Ace Cooper

Alan Ace Cooper Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Northern Virginia, USA - 13 mi
    Endorsing artist: Devon Basses, DR Strings, EMG pickups, Bag End Cabs
    Devon makes the most of every little piece of wood! To God Be The Glory!!!

10. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    God is so good brother

11. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Beautiful bass sir! I love the Big Rigs in my Joiner Fifty-Six.
    5CD12E99-7C63-4070-BEE9-90E0A8151232.

BHaev, pedroims, Rayjay and 7 others like this.
  12. TwinDad

TwinDad

May 18, 2017
    Kentucky
    That's a fantastic wiring job in the cavity. Very tidy!

13. So i kind of ditched the bass and have been playing a lot more percussion.
    I bought a cajon and putting up one of these saddles on it so I can stick a shaker, tambourine, and a castanet lol

Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 5.20.45 PM.
    I think I mainly did this because i quit the worship team for a bit, but I'm sure when i get back to bass ill be better
    Oh and I'll probably get one of these things soon too, they're so much fun
    Screen Shot 2019-03-14 at 5.30.12 PM.

14. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I went to play my bass for a while today and after a few minutes I was kinda bored. I need a reason/gig/new song to motivate me and I have non of those in the near future. I’ve been playing a lot more guitar lately but I don’t own one yet so I don’t have one at home. I play at school mostly.

Logic_11, deepender and ExaltBass like this.
  15. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    I'm currently modding a SE Custom 24.

Gotta admit, I was disappointed when I got it. The description had me believing that it would sound just like an American custom 24. Not even close. It was thin and grated on my ears. I bought it un played, so I didn't know the tone control didn't work. Instead of turning it back in, I saw it as en excuse to stop by the PRS factory on my way to Ocean City. Got the tone control repaired and took the tour.

Still didn't like the sound, and it went out of tune when I used the tremolo. So, I got some Duncan pups, blocked the tremolo, and I'm waiting on some pots for a complete rewire.

Hoping it will inspire me to get at least fairly competent on guitar.

Oh, I just realized, you didn't ask...

Never mind.

mtb777, Rudyboy98, Zoobiedood and 4 others like this.
  16. TwinDad

TwinDad

May 18, 2017
    Kentucky
    LOL I bought a Zoom G3XN to replace my guitar pedalboard. It came today so I took it to rehearsal even though I'm playing bass this week. Now, normally we're pretty 100% clean on bass. Most of the time we run straight from the instrument into the DI box.

For giggles, I threw in some dirt with an OD pedal for "Alive in You" to have a little fun with the WL. Joke's on me... she LOVED it. She ALMOST let me go with the Auto-Wah too, but she was concerned it would conflict with the EG (who wasn't there today but will be Sunday).

So I guess things will get a little rough this Sunday... :roflmao:

mtb777, reddavid, yobtaf and 3 others like this.
  17. klokker

klokker

Jan 7, 2009
    Steele City, NE
    Well, this is fun to work on.......

mtb777, deepender and theLimeyBrit like this.
  18. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    I love watching reruns of WKRP!

TrevorR and deepender like this.
  19. deepender

deepender

Jan 7, 2014
    Maryland
    Yeah baby.

mtb777 likes this.
  20. thetragichero

thetragichero

Jan 4, 2019
    guess I introduced myself and never got a number? I'm a real cart before horse kinda guy sometimes