The pros/cons of Bassballs

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, May 13, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I'm thinking of buying a bassballs, BUT: I've got a few more expectations than the "bassballs" sound I'm hoping it will partially fufill...

1. Synth filter (+fuzz&octaver...) will it do it? I think this it will do fairly well.

2. Traditional funk wah, I dunno if it'll do this...

Those with experience, will it do this for me, or should I save for a Qtron instead, because I also do love that Bassballs tone.
  2. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    I havn't used the QTron, so I can't compare the bassballs to that, but I've owned the bassballs for
    about ~month now.

With some octave mixed in, you can get some cool synthy sounds, especially with the built in fuzz of
    the bassballs. There is no tone control on the unit, so you need your amp to do that for you. I
    notice that I really need to pump up the mids and drop the lows to get a pronounced envelope type
    sound, otherwise, it is more subtle.

Also, I can't really get typical *wah* sounds out of the bassballs. Wish I could. If you want wah, you'll
    need another pedal for that.
  3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Save for the Qtron. the bassballs is an awesome pedal, but not what your looking for right now. If you want to hear a bassballs on full w/o the fuzz, click the link to Mud Prophets in my sig and play the song Kerosene. I use the bassballs through out.
  4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    humm... I dunno. I'll try it I suppose, and if I'm not satisfied, I'll get a tron :D