Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The 'punk' bands that use the DB

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Ugly Cassanova, Aug 14, 2003.

1. There are 'punkrock' bands out there that use the DB for their songs rather then the normal EB.

What do you guys think of this?
    Do you think they are exploiting the good bass to the worst? Or do you think that its a good page to turn for the DB world?

Just some thoughts would be nice.

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I think it's a good thing that the instrument is getting more popular overall.

Who are you thinking of? Closest to a "punk" act that I've seen using a DB is Everlast, that's more hip-hop than punk.

3. ...well, I give them a one up as they have the balz to play the real bass.

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

5. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I don't know about straight up punk but there are alot of these pshycobilly guys playing loud and hard
    [​IMG]

6. Well mainly pshycobilly were what I was talking about.

Tiger Army, Necromantix, etc..

I'm going to start using my double in my band, it sounds so much more bitchin'

7. Wow, look at that guy´s bridge...! I wonder if his strings vibrate at all, while they are buried in those 1" deep grooves. Impossible to pop them out of those slots, though.
    I just made an invention...why not drilling holes through the top of the bridge & running the strings through the holes?

:D

R2

8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    living end rocks!!

i saw them open for greenday two years ago

a black and white checkered DB