1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Q tron Volume problem...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by funkkky, Dec 27, 2006.

1. funkkky

funkkky Guest

Dec 22, 2006
    Hi there.

Just ordered a Q-tron that will arrive in 2 weeks.
    Been reading some threads where people have problem with the volume, some say that it has way to much gain when active, so that you either have to put a compressor behind it or turn down the volume on your bass.

Another guy posted a Q tron setting that he said might work,
    but then again that's only one mode, one setting.

Anyone that knows the universal solving of how to get the SAME volume without having a compressor or manually turn down the volume on the bass?

Thanks for reading.

2. funkkky

funkkky Guest

Dec 22, 2006
    any?

3. The micro Qtron I got last week is going back to the seller. It has virtually NO volume in 2 out of 3 modes. The one mode that does work sounds horrid.

Utterly useless. Obviously defective.

Apart from my POG, I've had lousy luck with EH pedals. I think I'm done with them forever now. Their QC is way too dicey for moi.

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I'm done with EH pedals, too. I've had rotton luck with every one I've owned. It's too bad though because some of them sounded great but were either DOA or only worked half the time.

As for the original question, either a compressor, volume pedal or a looper with a blend would work, but it sucks having to buy another pedal just to make something else function properly. Also, you could look into adding a volume control to the Q-Tron, or have someone else do it for you if you don't want to do it yourself. I don't know what's all involved with that, but I imagine it has been done before. Maybe someone else can chime in with more information on that. Good luck.

5. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i've had good luck with all my EHX pedals. i had to send my qtron+ in for repair (under warranty), which sucked, but it went very smoothly.

anyway... to solve this problem, i put a dynacomp that i bought for 20 bucks in the FX loop. worked great! the only reason i don't use the qtron+ that often is that it's too big for my main bass board... and i don't play many songs that feature filter sounds.

but a compressor, or volume pedal should do it.... there may be a mod, which would rock, but i don't know of any. if only it had an output level control....

6. funkkky

funkkky Guest

Dec 22, 2006
    yeah it really sux that you have to buy another pedal to make the other one work properly... and my bass is passive aswell... well , let's just see what happens...