Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The quest has begun.....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Carota, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Well, thanks to TB's Andrew Jones, my Super Redhead now has a new friend...an Epifani T-112:

[​IMG]

What a differnce in tone! The Epi, however, is going to be part of a new rig in a couple of months (hopefully.) That rig will consist of two Epi T-112's powered by an Ashdown ABM 500 RC EVO. Don't get me wrong, I love my Super Redhead, but I find that I need more power, scalability (i.e. the ability to leave one cab home and one at the rehearsal space,) and the abiltiy to really handle a low B.

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    What a nice looking little cabinet, what's it weigh?

3. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    It weighs about 46 lbs. The carrying strap is mounted slighty ahead of the center of the cab, so it balances nicely.

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Hi Jason

How did it sound at rehersal?

AJ

5. Jason Carota

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Hi Andrew,

Oh man...the sound at rehearsal was beyond expectations. The Epi really made the bass stand out - very full bottom end and and hi-fi mids. The highs are perfect.

The type of rehearsal we had was a great way to test the cab. We played everything from "Superstition" to an attempted version of "Chameleon" (we have to put in some more work on that one. :) )" During "Supersition," I muted the SWR's 2x10 and the Epi sounded great by itself.

Thanks again!

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    EpiPHONEY?

Just kidding, i really like those cabs, and i am not a huge fan of the "Hi Fi" sound. Kill-ah score man.
    But when you said "Epi" i thought gibson was making Epiphone bass cabs!///// i'm loser.