The 'real blair witch' (not based around the cr*ppy film).

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Jun 23, 2003.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hiya, whilst cruising the channels on my TV before going to bed I noticed the intro to a documentary called 'The real Blair Witch' (at about 2.30 am channel 4, UK TV).

Anyway, I thought it'd be based around the naff film and just say what 'really' happened out there, but it didn't. Instead, it documented a legal case (I'm sure some of you Americans will have seen it on TV) where a bunch of teens (17-19) were filming a horror film and filmed the kidnapping of a freind along with the associated death threats etc that you'd find in such a scene.

However, the girl claimed she knew nothing of the kidnapping and that she actually feard for her life - as the footage suggested, either that or she was a great actor!

Now the people who made the film face a minimum of 9 yeasrs sentance for kidnapping/attempted kidnapping upto a max of life, aswell as numerous other charges including assault and battery.

Did any one else see it, eitehr the documentary or TV coverage of the case?
  2. I watched that too, it was on a while back now so I can't remember too much of the details, but I remember thinking the kids that did it to that girl were nasty pieces of work.

There were apparently loads of little pieces of eviidence that prove she was acting, like when she scratched her nose or something when apparently tied up, but it all seemed a bit circumstancial (sp?).

Have the people accused been on trial yet?
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    When I saw it, they never said anything about it having anything to do with "the blair witch" they said it was just a bunch of kids acting stupid, then one decided to sue them.
  4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Thats whatt he documentary was called, probably c4's attempt at artistic flair - linking the homemade horror gone wrong to the homemade documentary of horror gone wrong if ya catch me.

Any one know howt he trial stands as such then or shall I turn to ye olde truste googlee?