Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The reason why Talena left KiTTie

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ShockBlueXterra, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Talena left KiTTie because they wanted her to sign a contract that took her freedon away. (They also had hired Lady J. already, which I think was soo unfair to Talena) As for Fallon Bowman-guitarist. She wasn't inot cults, she was just interesting in the Columbine shootings...as in just the story and all that... She isnt into any cult. go to www.aassault.com for info on that subject.. Thank you
    Caroline

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

There's your shot, Caroline.

Talena couldn't play her way out of a shoebox with her bass and sorry, root note, pick technique.

I feel qualified to say this, because I've played in the same club on the same night as Kittie did. ;) However, she definitely had "the look" and stage presence.

So, I suggest you send them your resume!!!!

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    EVERYTHING about that band screams POSER. My daughter likes them, but I can't imagine why.
    They remind me of a 2000 version of Vixen.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Vixen had way more talent;)

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You might be joking, but it's true.

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    speaking of vixen, did you know that the late great rana ross toured with them? such a shame about her passing :(.

7. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    John knows all about Vixen. Those are the kind of chicks he 'hung out with' in the 90's (before he got married)... you know, the hairspray chicks that actually dig the mullet still
    :D

BTW- Talena couldn't play IMO

8. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, wait till i tell barbara, she's going to smack you :eek: :D

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Rana was one of the reasons I said what I did. I remember seeing Vixen on some show years ago that they could play:bassist:

10. It is true that Talena couldn't play well and that is mainly because she didn't play bass until she was in Kittie and joined tham because she wanted something constant in her life. I personally like the music of Kittie, and Talena was evil. (I've said it before and I'm saying it again)I like evil. And she wore awesome clothes that were also sexy.

It sucks how she left/was fired(they alread her replacement so they probably would have if she didn't quit)

I was at their first show w/out Talena, I think it was about 15 days after Talena was gone and Lady J knew well all of the songs they played, so they probably had planned to get rid of her for awhile.
    I think Morgan, understandably, wanted to be more in the spotlight.

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    we listened to kittie when we were like 13.

if you all search way back maybe you'll even find some posts where we bitch slap people who critised them.

:meh:

12. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    does kittie have a spotlight? god, i'm out of touch.

13. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I have seen them twice and you are not kiddin! They blew me away,
    I think a few of the original members were Berkley grads. I just remember the Drum and bass solo was awesome. They did it together and just jammed on all these obscure funk grooves.
    They weren't to bad on the eye's either.

14. the alonely reason the got sing is because the singe/drummers dad paid for the ablume, and the recored compy wouldnt have to, my dad's freind band pur was spose to get sing and they told them flat out the onyl reason they didnt is cause they singed this band kittie that had a ablume all ready made that just need to be released.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I didnt realize Rana played with Vixen. I've heard some of her solo stuff and she really could play. I apologize to Vixen! Kittie is not in the same league.

16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Speaking of Vixen, anybody know what Share Pederson is doing now?
    That girl could play.

17. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member