The recording I did with my band is finally online

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Blazer, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Okay last month, my band The Worst in which I play lead guitar had entered the studio to record an album and the results of those sessions are online for everybody to hear.

But let me also add (before the moderators close this post) That I also played bass on two of the tracks. namely on "Rocking with Jim" and "Times are changing" Filling in for Marijke our Bassplayer who couldn't keep up with constantly re-recording tracks. I just used her Fender P-bass through her Behringer rig so that the overall sound of the tracks wouldn't differ much sound wise from her original tracks.

I'll direct you to it. first go here, the site is in dutch but when you've made it to the main page click on "De Band" and go to Demo's There you will find six Mp3's of the recording we did with the band they aren't the complete thing but they do show off with we did.

On "Rocking with Jim" You'll hear my Gretsch Malcom Young signature and my Fender Tele during the powerchords in the chorus, I added extra grunt by downtuning my tele on that track, too bad that the solo isn't in that Mp3 I really nailed that one.

But the track of which I'm most proud of is "Do you really care" on which I employed my Mark Knopfler influence and played the main riff on my strat using the middle and bridge position employing my Boss delay pedal to add more chime.

Please let me know what you think of it.