The Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bass_is_for_me, May 5, 2003.

1. bass_is_for_me

Jan 1, 2003
    Well last night I went to my first official big national rock concert. This was the first time I had seen any other national acts (besides the dixie chicks). The atmosphere was much different then those at the local music clubs.

The show was suppose to start at 7:00pm but did not start til 7:15. Seeing since I arrived at 6:30 I walked around the arena with my friends just to past the time. At 7:00 we all walked down to the floor to listen to The Mars Volta. Well I had never heard any of their music before and I hope I never do again :bawl: :spit: . They took the stage and played what seemed the same song for a half an hour! There sound and tone was horrible. I did not hear a single word through any of their songs. Just high pitched screaming mixed in with heavy distortion. A few People began throwing things at them and a large portion of the crowd on the floor left to go bathroom or walk around! So the Mars Volta left the stage to many boos.

Note: Later on in the concert the peppers said "We heard a few fans say they were the worst f****** band they have ever heard and we just have to say they are a great band". Maybe the band had a bad night I am not sure....

So after about a half and hour the Queens Of The Stone Age took the stage :cool: . The crowd was
    was very uplifted by this. The floor be came filled and I felt that is when the concert truly started! They played about ten songs including about a 10min version of no one knows. I was very impressed by their bassist. I also found it interesting they brought a guy out to sing with them for a few songs.

So after the Queens Of The Stone Age left the stage I went to bathroom and was forced to pee in a sink because of the lack of toilets. I then bought a pop and went back to the floor. To past the time my fellow chums and I began counting pairs boobs.(I never realized how much control my teenage hormones have over me) :eek: Anyway the peppers took the stage and opened with by the way. They played most of their hits and played Breaking the Girl which they said they had only played live once before that.:cool: The songs that really got the crowd going was throw away your television, give it away, and can't stop. Through out the concert flea made a few jokes like "who wants their c*** sucked.... crowd cheers... Sorry I can only do about 15 people a night" other jokes included poking fun at the local gas station
    Kum and Go. So they said good night and came back for the encore and played Under the Bridge and did a cover of Let me stand next to your fire by jimi hendrix.

All together it was a great concert! 2 bands really rocked and the other no comment. I did notice one thing people should not smoke on the floor! I often found myself dodging flaming cancer sticks all night. I wish some people could just go where there is a little less of a chance of burning people!
  2. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
  3. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Good to hear over all you liked the show, sad to hear you didnt like The Marz Volta, maybe it was a bad set cause ive seen them befor and they rocked, and their cd is amazing, it happens, maybe its not your cup of tea either, but yeah cool that the concert went well, Flea is the man!
  4. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    i agree with Saetia I was quite impressed by their cd as well, because lately alot of the small town local bands have been looking for a sound not too unlike theirs. I love their style.

In the end,
    Different strolks for different folks

I had thought flea was a funny guy
    until now... :meh:
  5. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Flea for a short period of time played bass for the marz volta, and I find it rather funny his jokes after you take into account hes Bi.
  6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Really? :confused: Is that true? I've never heard that. Not that it matters either way, I don't care too much about anybody's sexual proclivity, but as a Flea fan I like to know all the trivia I can about now I wanna know - is this a known fact? Can anybody quote a reliable source?
  7. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Bumped - because an inquiring mind wants to know...don't make me start a whole new thread about this....
  8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I too, have never heard that.

Anybody wanna buy a modulus? :eek: j/k
  9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah, that just struck me as rather curious statement - maybe I'm bi curious :eek:
    I did send a PM to the member that posted the statement, so hopefully he'll come back to this thread to back up the allegation or edit his post.
  10. I saw the peppers last night. It was a really awesome evening. The Mars Volta came out and have a really horrible mix the first song. Later into the set it equaled out and sound good. So Thumbs up for the Mar Volta. The Queens of the Stone Age rocked as usual. The Peppers blew me away, though. They play my favorite songs ("Soul to Squeeze" and "Sir Psycho Sexy") and Flea was just really eye-opening to see live. The show was solid!
  11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I saw RHCP and Mars Volta in March, and I loved MV, both bands were amazing!:)
  12. HongKongPhooey

Nov 2, 2002
    bass is for me, I was at that concert! I'm from Omaha. It was an awesome concert, Queens of the Stone Age were really awesome, and I must agree, Mars Volta blew.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

John From RHCP how is he live. I have seen him on TV from a live concert and he sounds quite a bit diffrent from what he does on the recordings but he is still very cool. They are playing in NY soon.