Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Reggie Hamilton Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ad Nauseam, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Has anyone played one of these yet? Thoughts? Comments?

~Ad

2. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I haven't played one yet but I love the looks of those basses. How much do they cost?

3. Too much, actually. I saw them going for $2000 on musician's friend. I wonder if they really sound THAT good.

~Ad

4. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I haven't played one. but I saw reggie Hamilton play with a group called Free flight a few years ago and he is a monster... he wasn't playing on a fender though... when did he get a sig. bass?

5. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Is this considered raising the dead??? last post 2002.

Anyways I play a reggie Jbass and I paid well under a grand for mine brand new bought it from another TB'er. still had protective coating on pguard....it is a really nice bass. Yhea Reggie can play...but every time i have seen him play it is been on a fender.

6. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY
    MF sells them for a little over $800, you must be thinking of something else...

7. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    They were selling for $2k in 2002, when that was posted.

8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  9. GaryLC

GaryLC Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Scotia, NY

Sorry, I didn't even look at the date!! Mea Culpa....

10. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    My question is, as I am very interested in one of these, is the custom artist model $1200 better than the standard model? As far as I can tell the main differences are 1 fret, block inlays, and American craftsmanship. I would prefer the standard MIM model, but neck issues and fretwork worry me. By the way, that pickguard on the black custom artist model does not do it for me.

11. mr.hughes

mr.hughes

Sep 12, 2005
    Ireland
    My guess, without playing either bass, is that you could buy the MIM one and any neck repairs/upgrades would cost less than $1200, so sounds like a bonus to me. Seems like a very versatile bass.

PS- Poor Peter Criss, y'gotta love him tho....