1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The return of GAS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Sep 22, 2008.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Some of you may have noticed I've been posting less in FX well it's mainly that since I finished my board (Master Plan) I've not had any GAS but luckily it seems to be returning currently I want the following

Mojo Hand 770 Flanger
    Tone Factor Hell Baby
    Tech 21 VT Bass
    Barber Linden EQ
    Barber LTD SR or Be Cool Custom whatever

I can explain why I want most of them except the linden and the VT I have tube amps it's all I'm using I've got 4 of them so why do I want pedals that emulate this, who knows but I'm going to try them all :p

770 Flanger - Sold my Aria Flanger
    Hell Baby - Always though these would be amazing with tubes now I have tubes need to try
    Barber LTD or other overdrive from barber - Against just want to crank it to hell with a tube amp

I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing.

:D

2. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    The VT Bass is getting a little pang out of me as well. No room on the board, though...time for a second board? :p

-Mark

3. Its a great sign for us when someone with enough pedals to cop almost any sound possible, decides they need more pedals to cop more sounds. You sir are a bad bad influence.

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My GAS is for an entire board:
    Korg Pitch Black or DT-10
    Tech21 Sansamp
    Dunlop 105Q (maybe)
    EHX Micro POG
    EHX Q-Tron
    Earthbound Supercollider
    Frantone Sandwich (maybe)
    Boss BF-2

WHY AM I SO POOR?!?!

5. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Ha, I knew it wouldn't take you long! I've just pre-ordered the new Supercollider to replace my original one (extra oscillating craziness) and intend to order the Barber B-Custom Cool soon... all things are pointing to this being a great pedal and the most tweakable OD ever.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm not really gassing for it, but I'd like to get a decent little envelope and/or a synth. Oh, and an EH Frequency Analyzer so I can play the solo to Devo's "Too Much Paranoias" on guitar ;)

7. Life's a b***h and then you become a bass player and discover GAS.

8. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I am also GASsing for either the VT Bass or the Linden EQ (as well as the OLC Flipster), if you do buy them, could you do a shoot-out?

9. maybe i can try at that. Tayste, it is not just by posting less but more by reading lesser at the effects forum here that you maybe hope to avoid some gas :p
    but you can still only hope...

10. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    GAS never really goes away, it just takes a little holiday once in a while

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    We do not control the GAS, we merely channel it.

12. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Or we listen to you

13. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    That too.

14. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    I've got the worst GAS at the moment, as since building up my ideal pedalboard, am tempted to ditch most of it for an Eventide Eclipse!!!:bag:

15. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'm actually really interested in all of those pedals, especially the 770, VT Bass and BL EQ. I've never been that into flangers, but the Mojo Hand one should be amazing given the pedal they're basing it on and Tone Factor's general quality. I've wanted to try a Hell Baby and an LTD for a long time too, but it isn't tickling my fancy as much as the other three.

My board is now filled so I'm not buying anything else unless I'm replacing something, so that's kept my GAS in check a bit, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on all of these should you pick them up.