Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Return of the WARLORD!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dragonlord, May 13, 2001.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Yes,the original Warlord are back together!I don't know if this was posted before,anyway I didn't find it when I searched.I know some people here are interested in Warlord,like Jennifer and Acacia,so I thought I'd inform you.Here is the Official Press Release that William Tsamis sent me:

William J. Tsamis, Mark Zonder, Joacim Cans, and Diane Arens are planning on doing a new Warlord project. Some of the songs will be songs that Warlord never recorded. Moreover, Warlord was never in a situation to be produced properly -- this time the production will be big. This will be a major label international release, big production, big advertisement -- totally professional -- the ultimate Warlord -- the way it was supposed to be. In discussing the project with Mark at the outset, William stated that Joacim Cans would be the perfect singer for a Warlord project, and Mark wholeheartedly agreed. It is important to note that this project will, in no way, interfere with either Fates Warning or HammerFall -- but William, Mark, Joacim, and Diane have made serious committments to producing a superior metal album that will be a literal feast for Warlord fans the world over.

Currently they are in the early rehearsal stage, but they will move to recording soon. The music will be recorded first, and then Cans will lay down the voice tracks when his schedule permits. An approximate release date has not been set yet, but the project is underway and in the process of pre-production. Since the rumor was leaked through German magazines, the word is out so it's okay to spread this news.

For a long time this was just a "dream" for Warlord fans, but now it will be a reality. The songs will represent Warlord at it's finest - and three Lordian Guard songs, which were once Warlord songs, will be recreated in a power/epic metal format with big guitars, big drums, male vocals -- big production. The three Lordian Guard songs will be "War in Heaven," "Winds
    of Thor," and "Battle of the Living Dead." Again, other songs from the old Warlord days will be re-arranged and recorded -- and there will be some new Warlord songs as well. It promises to be a metal masterpiece.

This is exciting news,to me at least...but Joacim Cans is soooo gay...

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    dude, I read about this a while back. I am not looking forward to it in the least.

Zonder's drumming will be more Fates Warning than Warlord sounding.

I can't see Tsamis playing anything heavy again. I mean damn, did you hear Lordian Guard? RUBBISH!!!!!

They should have found Damien King I or II for the reunion.

I'll put ears to it though, just to have somthing to bitch about. LOL :D:D

3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    hehe...let's hope you're wrong.
    Anyway I think that some Lordian Guard stuff is nice,and could be great with another vocalist and a real drummer...and I would definetely not describe it as "rubbish" anyway :)
    BTW Tsamis was very dissappointed by Damien King II,because he couldn't make any melody lines...they were all written by Tsamis and only sung by DKII.

4. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    yeah yeah, i know. But II sounded good on the few songs written while he was there.

No one will top the first singer.

I didn't care for Hammyfall's version of CHild of The Damned either. Too thin. It was killer live though.