1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Reverend Club (part 8)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jun 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Sparkdog

Sparkdog Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    Does that aluminum strip across the top of the body make it more comfortable? My only complaint with my Reverends is the right angle there, it cuts into my forearm when I play. I'm thinking about some sort of pad there to deal with it.

Stugilliam likes this.
  2. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    It definitely helps. I've had no problems with my forearm thanks to that strip being there. The edge without it is fairly sharp. I also find that playing while sitting down and wearing shorts is not the most comfortable because of the edge on the back cutting into my leg. However, I've got many other basses that I can play while sitting down and wearing shorts.

Rezdog likes this.
  3. Eye of bug...

In case anyone was wondering the Bugeyes aren't actually "metal tops", just chrome plating over a plastic-like, or fibrous sheeting. Mucho cool kitsch factor, regardless! :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

4. Way cool, welcome to Waterworld! :thumbsup:

mojomike001 likes this.
  5. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    It does help, I have three slabs and I have to play them a little different than my other basses, but I can play the Rumblefish fine! You can add the banjo arm piece, Reverend still sells them. I would give one a try, if you don't like it, it will give you a frame to attach a more padded arm piece. Take care.

redstrand likes this.
  6. Rebel Rocker

Rebel Rocker Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What strings come on Reverend Basses from the factory? (2018 Thundergun) I looked on their site did not see any listed. Thanks

7. BeauZooka

BeauZooka

Oct 2, 2007
    Seattle USA
    If they are installed at the factory in Korea then they are no name brand strings. If they need to change them at Reverend HQ, they use SIT strings.

Rebel Rocker likes this.
  8. Rebel Rocker

Rebel Rocker Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Thanks

BeauZooka likes this.
  9. mojomike001

mojomike001

Mar 28, 2013
    South Florida
    Here I am rocking the old Rumblefish last night. Man, this thing sounds good! In some ways it's the best "Jazz" bass I own. This is a model that Reverend should reissue.

1. 2.

Rezdog, kenkell, Nebula24 and 4 others like this.
  10. Hey folks!
    Now that I have had my Triad a few months, I think I have certainly come to favor the neck and middle pickup position (not sure if that's pos. 2 or 4, does numbering start at the neck or bridge?); it is for sure my "go to" sound for me. Runner up is the bridge only position (1 or 5?). I use Sunbeams and play mainly classic and hard rock.

I am curious what other Triad owners have decided on as their "favorite" pickup position.

*I edited that last line to avoid crude jokes :thumbsup:

Stugilliam likes this.
  11. Well. Nevermind then. :thumbsup::cool:

(I'm just kidding. I know there are not a lot of these out in the wild yet ........)

And I think I found one of the answers to one of my questions; numbering starts from the neck -- So I love position #2.

Stugilliam likes this.
  12. kenkell

kenkell

Apr 12, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Rocking the 2003 'fish at Minoa Festival in the Park Saturday, Sep 7. (This, btw, is the Bass Player review sample fish I happened onto when I called the day it was returned to Reverend) 190907Foolfest02.

lousybassist, RevWood, GregC and 6 others like this.
  13. b15fliptop

b15fliptop Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Florida
    Mine are 3 and 5 (if 1 is the neck), but I use pretty much every position for one tune or another. 3 and 5 are the classic P and MM tones, to me, so they get used a lot. 2 and 4 are great for fat and smooth tones, like jazzy, walking lines.

comatosedragon likes this.
  14. shoulderpet

shoulderpet

Sep 24, 2015
    Wow these look like nice basses, so they do short scale? What is the string spacing like?

b15fliptop likes this.
  15. b15fliptop

b15fliptop Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Florida
    The long scales are all 19mm.
    They have two shorties, the Watt Plower and the Dub King. DK is also 19mm, but the WP is very narrow. I don't know how narrow exactly, but in one of the videos they mention that Mike Watt requested narrow string spacing.

16. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    GREAT JACKET! And fish!!

kenkell likes this.
  17. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    The Wattplower is short scale and the Fatfish is medium(I have this one)

lesclaypoolsob likes this.
  18. Awesome descriptions of the tone! Now I see why I enjoy 2 and 5 so much.
    Thank you for sharing!

b15fliptop likes this.
  19. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    The jazz bomb is a great pickup, I solo on that a lot. With the P behind it (on the Fatfish) the tones are stellar

20. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2015
    The Frozen Tundra
    Is there an appropriate hard case that fits the Dub King? Thank you in advance