1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the rick pea!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jakrees747, Nov 4, 2010.

1. k2.

:bag:
    got a cheap gear for music bass guitar second hand for £20 today, so i thought for that money i could afford to reshape the body a bit and give it a bit of a paint job.

i tried to base the shape (loosley) on that sorta rickenbacker bass shape, and decided to keep the wood finnish and just rub in some walnut oil.

it actually sounds pretty nice for a begginer bass! truss rod needs a tweak, and maybe some new pickups needed, well see about that (note the rust on the pots!)

k1.

2. Well it's original

3. This, of course, is only my opinion, but that thing is butt-ugly.

4. hehe i feel the same way about the p-bass shape, hence the bass destruction :D

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Have you ever seen a Ric?

6. Take off the pickguard

Reshape the body some more to make it more Rick-like

Make the body color more uniform

Reshape the pickguard to be more Rick-like

Reattach the pickguard

7. Body needs a lot of work to look more rickish. Need more cresting wave.

8. im not so much trying to make it look like a ric, more shaped it with that in mind. it does need more sanding, ive left that till im out of that 'want it finnished mood' im in now, so i can do it with some more finesse.