1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

the right 15 under my neox212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smogg, Mar 4, 2008.

1. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Hi all,
    need your input;
    I'm wanting to add a 1X15 to my rig to get a little more smooth fundamental from low E on down to the low B (I use the low D a lot) I play mostly finger style hard rock (Aerosmith, AC/DC, Sabbath, ect. & some times do fill work for nu-country/southern rock)
    My rig is a GB neox212 with a Fender Bassman 150 on top & a Crown CE1000. This gives me a 3X12 ON AXIS VERTICAL LINE ARRAY.
    Now here's the kicker :meh: I need a 1X15 that will stay on axis with the 12's (speaker must be centered left to right and box deep enough to hold up the GB cab (GB cab is 31"H x 21.25"W x 16.5"D) AND be under $500
    So far the front runner is an Epi PS 115 (21.5"H x 23"W x 18"D) I could flip it on its side to center the speaker and based on the info it should have the tone I'm looking for and just squeak in under budget.
    Does this sound like a good match? (GB & Epi - can't test a PS cab unfortunately) or do you know of a different 15 that would mate better to the neox212 for the type of music I play.
    Thanks in advance for your advise, smogg

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    c'mon my brothas, help a cracker out

3. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I supposed I understand the desire for the vertical array; it gets the speakers closer to ear level. I don't think you would regret the Epifani 115... they make great cabs. You are looking for something to add more depth to the tone. Another one to consider is a Bag End S15L-D. I believe it has a diameter of 18.25". It is much less common than the regular S15, but they sound different; the S15L being much deeper. It is not listed on their website, but it's listed on musiciansfriend.com, etc.

4. check out an orange 1x15

5. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    What about a Genz Benz 115B-XB2? You could always shoot an e-mail to GB and ask if they think a 115B-XB2 would fit well with a NeoX212T.

6. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    Have you ever tried the Genz Neox112t? Many of us think of it as an old school 15" married to a tight modern 12". It's got the richness and depth that we had in the best 115 cabs, but great clarity and full-range performance as well. It's deeper, pound for pound, than the Neox212t, and for me fills things out very nicely when the two are combined.

It also makes a perfect on-axis stack with the 212, and works stupendously on its own for small and medium sized gigs (with enough power). The NeoPak and 212 were my first two pieces of Genz gear, followed within a week by the Neox112t (long before I became an endorser). They work very well together.

Just throwing that out there, in case you haven't heard the Neox112t, and solely based on several of us who think the 112 is "the best 115 I've ever heard."

That being said, Epifani is *great* gear. I haven't played the 115, so I can't comment tone-wise, but I would have no reservations whatsoever about the quality ... it's first-rate.

Best of luck to you!

7. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    +1 on the NeoX 112T...it may get you exactly where you need, despite what feelings you may have about 15" speakers.

8. Rezdog

Rezdog Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    T.Rez, Canada
    Greetings from the North,

The all NEW Traynor TC115. Check it out before you make your final choice. This Traynor will surprize you. I've got one under my 212 and it's awesome.

Rezdog

9. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    Thank you all for the input. Guess I better do a little more research before I make my final choice. peace, smogg

10. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    Agreed... my favorite cabinet is the neoX112T. I think it is the best 15 cabinet around. two of them is even better because it really does sound like a tight/defined 215 bottom. More solid fat tone than the 212.