Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

The Right Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by EdgarHons, Nov 26, 2000.

1. EdgarHons

EdgarHons

Oct 14, 2000
    I'm buying my second bass soon, I've decided on an ESP LTD B-104. If anyone has any experience with this bass, I'd enjoy talking to you about it too. If it's not the best, I can be persuaded out of the B-104, but am set on an ESP LTD, my friend's got a great sounding guitar of the same brand.

Anyways, my question is, I'm buying a new Amp soon, and would like to know what kind of Amp would be best. I'm young, and my parents will be buying it for me for X-mas. They'll be going up to MARS, and therefore won't have the widest selection to choose from. So, my requirements for an amp will be...

-Common meaning not hard to find
    -Good for hard rock, heavy metal stuff
    -Good for an ESP LTD B-104
    -Possibly good for my old Squire P-Bass

I'm not too familiar with what wattage (Is that a word?) I'll be needing because I haven't played bass at shows or anything. However, I need something that will be decent for maybe a school gym sized area, maybe a little larger for an outside small concert. 500 or so will probably be the maxiumum price to be spent on this amp.

I hope this was enough information for you to work with if you can help. Any replies will be appreciated, if you need any more info, ask away, I'll be checking replies. Thanks!

2. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I would recommend a Crate BX100 combo (100 watts into a 15" speaker), or a SWR workingmans combo, I would particularly reccomend the 15" model. If your looking for a real deal you might look into a used Trace Elliot 210 combo, I've seen some in good condition for $350.