1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

The Right Cabs for the Right Sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MagicianMan, Jul 18, 2007.

1. MagicianMan

MagicianMan

Aug 2, 2006
    Vermont
    I run my SR4 through a Eden Nemesis NA650 into an Eden D210XLT. When I'm just practicing, I'm happy with my tone, but in a band situation I just can't seem to get a good sound that meshes with the rest of the band. I'm generally in a blues rock setting with 2 guitarists and a drummer.

My problem is that when we're playing all at once, my sound doesn't seem to support the sound as well as I'd like it to. Boosting the mids or the bass will make it stand out, but it seems that the guitars are taking up more of the low end than I am with my bass. :crying: It's not the volume really, but the presence that's lacking...

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could recommend either a way to fix it, either with some sort of preamp or other effect, or maybe another cab. :help:

2. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    throw a 15 under there, it will help.

3. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I play the same type of music with the same line up (2 guitars), they aren't really down in your range most guitar amps won't go anywhere near that frequency range ...

:) ... Stick with mids and low mid boost ... out in front "that is" bass.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I was thinking the same... add a 1x15.

5. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    What's your EQ settings (including any use of that dratted "Enhance" knob) look like?